1949 chrysler royal for sale

May I present a beautifully restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Woodie , probably one of 4 or 5 existing out of 850 made  in the world according to antique automobile forums.  This woodie automobile has a 251 spitfire, 6 cylinder engine naturally aspirated by a carter one barrel carb resulting in 116 horsepower.  All brand new tires have been installed are Coker, 3+1/4 inch radial, a new brake master cylinder and brake cylinders on all wheels, new  front floor boards 16 gauge steel and rebuilt tranny tunnel. .  The transmission is a fluidmatic which can run partially without a clutch, and has the shift on the column - hi low reverse-  . This car is a one owner besides me (the restorer) , has mostly new white ash wood installed- unstained but left for the new buyer to select the color of their choice.  The car requires a few small finishing details that are being completed.  I have worked on this car almost 4 years, rebuilt motor , wood, new interior, new wood inside panels and roof.  I am still looking for half of the rear bumper, difficult to find, and if you find or buy it I will make an adjustment on the price.
If you google 1949 Chrysler royal wagon for sale you will see that they sell for $179,000.00 or more.  I am not asking anywhere near this price although I have put in 4 years of work and parts and rebuilding on this car.  This is a great buy and an even better investment so bid!!!!
       * Spitfire 251 cc engine
       * One previous owner
       * 8 passenger station wagon
       * 850 made in 1949 maybe 4 or 5 in existence
       * Fluidmatic transmission
       * New glass windows except one with inspection sticker on it from 1972
       *new front metal floor boards
       *mostly new white ash wood
       * wooden head liner
       * Freshly painted
       * hand made rear wheel wells
       *mostly new wiring replacing old cloth wire
       *new rings pistons valves valve spring points rotor valve clips plus more
       *new interior red and white seats
       * rebuilt radio
       * new points and condenser and plug wires and spark plugs
       *new bulbs in interior and panel lights
       * structural steel at drivers and passenger door at bottom
       *rebuilt starter and voltage regulator and generator from ace armature
       *resanded and restained mahogany trim around doors and door panels.
       * marine mahogany panels
       *rebuilt carter bb carb
       *4 brand new coker wide whitewall tires 3+1/8 inch
       *dependable electric fuel pump 
       *extra set of hub caps
       *electrical labeled and rewired
       *need 1/2 of rear bumper  some chrome trim fender still looking for them
       * wood is not stained or varnished to accommodate buyer's choice
       * brand new rear wheel wells fabricated by Robert's custom metal  over $3,000.
       * marine mahogany door panels
       * priced to go way less then the $179,000.00 other one for sale.
       *you will love riding down the street or going to a car show in this beauty!!!
       * some rare chrome on this car -rear fender chrome over $600

FOR SALE ON E BAY

IMG_20170116_120712_765.jpg

IMG_20170116_114652_771.jpg

IMG_20170116_120642_334.jpg

If you want to sell it, name an asking price. To my eyes, your ad would seem to suggest you want a bunch of money for the car, which is certainly desireable, but potential buyers don't particularly like to make an offer on a car only to find they've deeply offended the owner by offering a fraction of what the owner thinks it's worth.

• Like 1

Here is a link to the eBay ad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1949-Chrysler-Royal-white-ash-wood-/232211478772?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3610e1f8f4:g:4WAAAOSwA3dYfRER&item=232211478772

Greg, I looked at your eBay ad, and wanted to offer some picture advice. I see that the pictures all show only part of the car. and many of them are taken mid-restoration. Pictures taken outside in good sunlight showing the whole car at one time might be beneficial. Side views, front view, rear view, etc, so potential buyers can see what the completed restoration looks like.

• Like 3

Greg, I looked at your eBay ad, and wanted to offer some picture advice. I see that the pictures all show only part of the car. and many of them are taken mid-restoration. Pictures taken outside in good sunlight showing the whole car at one time might be beneficial. Side views, front view, rear view, etc, so potential buyers can see what the completed restoration looks like.

This may be because the car isn't actually restored. IMHO  

• Like 2

It looks like your shoppers are waiting to see how much you'll drop the price. If you don't get any offers by the end of the listing, you might consider waiting a bit, and then offering it for auction with a reserve. At least you'll get some feedback about what the market thinks the car's worth. In the meantime, seriously consider how badly you need to sell it, and the least amount you'll accept for the car.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...