Happy Birthday to all AACA vehicles

Paul Dobbin

Today is not only New Years Day 2017, it's also all motor vehicles Birthday.  Every vehicle in your collection is one model year older today.

Take it out ad drive it for it's Birthday and teat yourself in the process.

There is an Antique Car Club in the Tampa Bay area that is doing it's 36th Annual Birthday Tour today and will have vehicles anywhere from 25 years old (1992) back to 103 years old (1914).  The Pin-MAR Antique Car Club will tour around the St .Petersburg area in age order with the oldest cars leading and setting the pace.  Drives of 25 to 30 miles are usual and always end at a place to eat and talk cars.  Pin-MAR is an acronym for Pinellas Model A Restorer's,  They began as a Model A Club in 1964 and have welcomed all antique cars for years.  It's a family club with the wives as involved as the guys

in their club project of the General Store and Garage in the Largo, FL.  It's in a 22 acre, 28 building, historical park in a Pinellas County known as Heritage Village.

Happy Birthday to your vehicles and please enjoy them in the Happy New Year.

• Like 1

And now, as you noted, Paul, 1992 vehicles are

antique and eligible for AACA.  So there are some

desirable Chevrolet Corvettes, Cadillac Allantes,

Ford Mustangs, Dodge Vipers, etc. coming to a show near you.

And let's not forget to preserve the overlooked models.

A 1992 Buick Regal coupe, or a 1992 Mercury Cougar,

would be interesting as well--and all 1992 models will

be interesting many decades to come.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Dobbin said:

Take it out ad drive it for it's Birthday and teat yourself in the process.

Was not planned to be a drive on first day of the new year....but I just finished fixing a few minor, but irritating things on my 32 Ford, and wanted to try it out late today.  I really missed driving it the last 4-5 weeks, and I had a blast today, even though it was a short run. Now that I also fixed the speedometer, I found myself lettin' er rip  :) .    I guess I never did that when the speedo was not working right, as I never knew how fast I was going. LOL

I sure don't give a toot about spelling errors, but when you said "teat", yea it was just that for a description of the ride.  (how was your ride?...it was teat) :) 

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

Another year

Bob, I never really cared "more" for driving, rather that just always working on a project.  But advancing age somehow made me want to drive as much as tinker. My car sure is not a fussy, perfect build, and I like it that way a lot.   Hope you can get your roadster together enough, even if just for a illegal drive down your street...someday.

4 hours ago, F&J said:

Bob, I never really cared "more" for driving, rather that just always working on a project.  But advancing age somehow made me want to drive as much as tinker. My car sure is not a fussy, perfect build, and I like it that way a lot.   Hope you can get your roadster together enough, even if just for a illegal drive down your street...someday.

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

I don't see things changing now that I'm 66, I did finish a restoration of my own car back in 1975, and had the chance to drive many of the finest cars ever when I worked at a restoration shop. Guess the fear of having one brake while behind the wheel over shadowed any joy of driving it. I love watching vintage races, and Brass Era cars on tour, there just isn't  any motivation to finish any of my car projects. There is that electrical fire fear too. Best wishes for 2017! Bob

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)