"All I want for Christmas..."

EmTee

It's not exactly for Christmas, but on January 1st every year I used to turn the heat on full in the garage and wash my Riviera just to start the year right. I would sure like the room to do that this year.

wetriv2.jpg This picture is about 15 years old. This year I will just walk around with detailer spray and a polishing cloth. Somehow it just ain't the same.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

It's not exactly for Christmas, but on January 1st every year I used to turn the heat on full in the garage and wash my Riviera just to start the year right.

This is completely OT, but the ancestral manse (built in 1922) has a detached garage with a bank of radiators along the back wall and a complete carwash with hot and cold water.  It looks like a big (~12") shower head on an 8' arm.  It's mounted in the center of the ceiling and rotates 360°.  I know that it works, but I can't ever recall using it for its intended purpose.  And to be honest, I wasn't aware that washing a car in the garage was a thing back then.

41 minutes ago, slosteve said:

I would love to get an uncracked light brown/tan steering wheel for my '65. Are all of these wheels cracked by now?

Steve

That is a great request, I need a Saddle one and a Black one for my '65s. I've looked and am finding the same thing you are, they are all cracked.