What is it?

George Smolinski

7 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Some of those rusted hulks in that collection were pretty cool. One of the better stash of cars to pop up.

YES! There were some awesome rides in those sheds.

Those are all cool cars, I have said before that this side of the car world should get out in front of the custom car side and show cars like this. The great design an styling would inspire young builders. You just do not see stuff like this in the street rod/custom world. Some of these restored bone stock classics would draw a huge crowd at shows like SEMA. It would be a win win for all sectors of the car industry/hobby.

I know that those are all great venues to see cars like that. But those shows are not on the radar for a lot of people. Go to the book store and look at how many magazines there are about hot rods/customs/rat rods/street rods/ traditional hot rods and the custom car culture.  I think the shows listed above are the best ones around, but it does not seem like they reach out to the rest of the car world. A few of those French Classics on display in front of a crowd that has never had the chance to see them. Might bring a big boost to interest, and have a impact on some customs being built. Just my thoughts, I think that they are some of the best styled cars ever built. And thank the people for showing them.

That Talbot-Lago is really cool.

If anyone here is interested in these French Classics and is in Southern California you can look up www.mullenautomotivemuseum.com , they are a prominent collection open for visitors one or two Saturdays a month.  I was passing through on an off weekend, much to my disappointment, Todd C 

PS--to Dave Mellor--I think the Apollonia death car is an Alfa Romeo 2500 which is also a fantastic looking car of the day you hate to see blown up.  IMO it is the kind of car a Michael Corleone would want for touring Italy--that is as long as he had good security to cover his having such a high profile car