Electrical Wire Ends Sought

hddennis

If I knew what these were called I could look them up and find where to buy new ones. They were stamped out of brass or copper and the wire is formed in a half circle in one side and the other side is folded over trapping the wire and making a nice neat circle to go on a screw or stud. Are they still available?

Howard Dennis 

100_4498 - Copy.JPG

They are called a "ross courtney wiring terminal".  A few of the UK classic car parts suppliers carry them in various sizes but they should be available in the US.

They are mainly used in the up market English cars.  Rolls Royce, Bentleys etc. 

https://www.completeautomobilist.com/categories/complete-automobilist-auto-electrical-terminal-ends   

Edited by DavidAU (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Friartuck said:

If this electrical connector is visible where appearance is important, I can understand you're desire to use period correct connectors. Otherwise I would use regular Ring terminals. Regardless, suggest soldering the connector to improve current flow.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Chris, you are exactly right. This is for one of the dashes like you helped me with. I've done about 6 of these and all had the pressed cardboard fuse holders destroyed from age and moisture. I bought a good one off eBay and decided to combine all my spare parts and build up another very authentic dash for my Maxwell. I remembered one of the past restorations had remnants of these ends and thought it would be nice on this, my most original dash to have these style wire ends. Having used them years ago, probably on a Rolls-Royce I re-wired, I remembered they made a very neat connection, especially when soldered before closing.

Howard Dennis 

Maxwell Dash + Fuses 4 - Copy.jpg

Edited by hddennis (see edit history)

I have the same type of wire terminals on my  1928 Dodge Brothers Senior all around . Looks neat . Myers do not have them. They made up  a set of headlight harness with armour cables but no terminals so I am also looking for about 24 such terminals. I like to keep the old Dodge as original looking as possible 

Thanks for the lead.

Cheers.

Harry. 

Rhode Island wire didn't have any a year ago. They are available from England, but pricey!

i used brass shoelace grommets, wrapped the wire around, squished me, then soldered.  Worked great!  

They make it possible to get a connection in very tight spaces, it would be extremely difficult to fit the fuse box of many early British cars with using regular ring terminals

39 minutes ago, Chris Coon said:

Rhode Island wire didn't have any a year ago. They are available from England, but pricey!

i used brass shoelace grommets, wrapped the wire around, squished me, then soldered.  Worked great!  

They make it possible to get a connection in very tight spaces, it would be extremely difficult to fit the fuse box of many early British cars with using regular ring terminals

Yes, I just   ordered from England. By the time all the fees and shipping were added I paid $12.64 for 10 ends.

Howard Dennis