Pricing for 1975 Buick Century Custom 2 Dr ??

Guest LNad

HI All, 

I'm the proud owner of a 1975 Buick Century Custom 2Dr.  My father bought it new and I took possession of the car about 3 years ago.   It's gotten to the point where I no longer have room for the vehicle and am looking to sell it, hopefully to a good home.  However, I have no idea what to ask for it.   It's got 177K miles on it, good condition as it's always been garaged.  Very, very light oil leak and a tapping when it runs, I've been told it's the tappets...it's been tapping for YEARS.   Other than that, a crack in the dash, recently replaced vinyl roof.   I've included pictures....Any thoughts on value or where I could look would be appreciated,  Please feel free to respond here or my email of chevj33p@gmail.com    Thanks so much for any info

20160925_173245.jpg

20160925_173328.jpg

20160925_173349.jpg

20160925_173408.jpg

20160925_173428.jpg

20160925_173451.jpg

20160925_173454.jpg

20160925_173456.jpg

20160925_173458.jpg

I had a '75 LeSabre with a tapping noise that was apparent at highway speeds.  I couldn't find anyone who could tell me what the problem was and I traded it in.  Some years later, at a Riviera Owners meet, I was talking with Dennis Manner about it.  If you're not familiar with Mr. Manner, Google him.  He told me that in the era, Buick had a problem in the 350 with the oil pickup tube where it went into the oil galley.  It would work its way loose and air would be sucked into the oil galley and the lifters would collapse.  When you slowed down again, the pump could keep up with the demand and the tapping would go away.  Not a hard fix if you knew what you were looking for.

Ed  

Due to the miles an engine rebuild or replacement will be assumed by perspective buyers. 

NADA classic car value puts it in the $1600 - $2600 range and that is based on no engine major work so you'll be at the low end. Unless someone has a good 350 waiting for a home engine work will exceed value of car. This probably isn't the report you were hoping for as the car has sentimental value to you and therefore would be most valued in your possession. You could try starting with an asking price of $2400 and see what happens.  We are going into the worst time of year to sell. 

• Like 1

Deduct $1,000 per year from the original purchase price for really enjoying the car. That's about three bucks a day worth of great big smile and value. Keep that thought in mind and you should be pretty comfortable with that 177,000 mile car.

Bernie