1955 2dr. Hardtop 4 holer on Tulsa CL

RivNut

Very bad is a pretty good description for the interior. But you never really know. I described a car on Ebay last year as being in very bad condition, for parts.  The buyer contacted me and wrote that he didn't think it would be as bad as it was. I wondered if I should have described the car as "very, very bad condition" I guess perception varies... or maybe very's.

Oh, that buyer sent me two emails prior to purchasing. The first was and offer of a lower price. The second was an offer not as low, that I accepted. Maybe he wasn't "very" diligent.

Bernie

2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Super right? How could I tell? 

the headlights, trunk lid, dash, and door lines give it away as not a 4 hole century  but vs roadmaster?  since all the side trim is gone, i might say that the scripts were removed too. the part of a hubcap that is visible appears to be a regular cap....

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, wndsofchng06 said:

the headlights, trunk lid, dash, and door lines give it away as not a 4 hole century  but vs roadmaster?  since all the side trim is gone, i might say that the scripts were removed too. the part of a hubcap that is visible appears to be a regular cap....

but the trim that IS still there, the BUICK letters,  the hood ornament and the crest on the center of the grille ornament are chrome, vs gold for a Roadmaster.  Also I am seeing signs of where the trim was removed from the sweep spear area but not on the trunk where the two lift handles typical on a Roadmaster would have been. and correct on the hubcap, There is maybe one more on the interior that I "think" gives it away. I will await the masters thoughts before stating what I think that is though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrEarl said:

but the trim that IS still there, the BUICK letters,  the hood ornament and the crest on the center of the grille ornament are chrome, vs gold for a Roadmaster.  Also I am seeing signs of where the trim was removed from the sweep spear area but not on the trunk where the two lift handles typical on a Roadmaster would have been. and correct on the hubcap, There is maybe one more on the interior that I "think" gives it away. I will await the masters thoughts before stating what I think that is though.

I may have jumped in too early, as I am certainly no 55 master.....  Willie?? Mike??  you guys there?   I think I know what you think you're seeing on the inside,.....  I must say I'm impressed with your eyesight as I had to look at the photos a couple more times just to see the holes in the side of the car

No matter what model it is, it's out of my price point as it sits. Assuming the side trim isn't there, new interior, new tires, cleaning up (hopeful of paint merely being oxidized) and who knows what else, it's more project than I'd want...I have enough of those. Perhaps not out to lunch on price, but more than I'd be willing to spend right now. 

If like they say it runs down the road good, is titled and tagged and if the windshield and back glass is good, it has good rockers and floors and upholstery is there for patterns, IMO the asking price is not bad. Granted, if it was a Roadmaster it would be a bit better investment but this would make a cool hot rod or mild custom.

OK, the interior thing I am not real sure of is the dash trim. I know in 1954's,  ALL 2 door Roadmasters came with turned dash panels. 4 door Roadmasters had it or not, depending on the trim level. No other series had it in '54. 54 2 door Supers had painted or aluminum but not turned inserts. My question is did 55 2 door Supers have turned dash inserts or perhaps per trim level. And can anyone see the subject dash well enough to tell if it is turned, it doesn't look to be turned to me.

24 minutes ago, wndsofchng06 said:

My 55 2dr super had a turned dash.....

And my 55 Super convertible does but I think you have to magnify the photo to see it.

I'm only a relatively new 55 owner so am still learning about the particular year ( like brakes and power everything!! ) but in all I have read I'm not sure why Buick built a Super in 1955.

All running gear and sheet metal read the same as the Roadmaster in the sales literature and a fully optioned Super reads identicle to the Roadmaster.

The only differences I have read of are the gold v's chrome on ornamentation, the rear lift handles on the trunk, additional ornamentation on the hubcaps - all as ID by Mr Earl.

In a number of photos I have noticed the interior trim is different, particularly the inner door treatment and armrests.

As for the car in question, if it was for sale in the same country as me at that price it would be on its way to my workshop by now!! 

I also notice some of the photos show the car in a shed and now it seems to have been thrown out to a leam/to. 

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013 (800x533).jpg

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)