MrEarl

MrEarl's Daily Therapeutic Dose of Buick

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, RivNut said:

I think you need to add fender skirts to your car.

 

Be careful what you wish for.... :lol:

5a3a883861356_1958BuickSpecial-HeritageVillage-Copy.thumb.jpg.385ade15f473792abea6fde422d7a913.jpg

 

They are on the shelf and still NOT painted...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dei said:

They are on the shelf and still NOT painted...

 

Nice car,

how 'bout Wide Whitewalls?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are asking the year the picture was taken, I think that Cadillac on the right would be a '55 (?) making that the newest car there, so.... :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

Nice car,

how 'bout Wide Whitewalls?

 

Marty, didn't do wide whites but soon after that shot put these on her.

5a3aec84eda01_Wambo2005pic5.thumb.JPG.402c8999ce9ea0417303b27fbbac5191.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The photo is no later than '51. The Cadillac on the right end looks to be a '51 and the Chevrolet over the hood of the Cad looks to be a '50.  The picture needs more Buicks in it. A lot of GM it it though.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Simmons said:

The photo is no later than '51. The Cadillac on the right end looks to be a '51 and the Chevrolet over the hood of the Cad looks to be a '50.  The picture needs more Buicks in it. A lot of GM it it though.

 

Partially hidden behind the '42 Buick Super appears to be a 1950 Buick Torpedo-Style, and a '41 to the right of that one, but without the fender skirts.

 

Parked cars (Left -o Right):

Mopar - probably Dodge by the center trunk-mounted brake light

Pontiac sedan - 1940-1948?

another Mopar?

1950 Buick Torpedo

store entrance

1941 Buick?

1948? Plymouth

1937-38 Chevy?

Hudson Convertible?

.. hard to make out the rest on my iPhone

 

Nice pic - thanks

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5a3aec84eda01_Wambo2005pic5.thumb.JPG.40

 

In the background there appears to be....... a 1994 Gran Am, a round headlight Jeep CJ, .....a.......

 

Bernie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

? time for Mr. Earl 

“Blue Bird” went South. Not to worry, she will be taken care off

AF1DCA3A-BEB9-4B0F-9B36-EAA91C8D76B5.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There isn't a whole lot of south left from Mr. Earl. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Thriller said:

There isn't a whole lot of south left from Mr. Earl. 

 

Drive-through Florida to Miami you'll wonder if it ever ends

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1954 Buick Special Poster

Optional, highly desirable and rare paint for fitty fo'.  Equipped with the biggest straight 8 made that year - two of them side-by-side and all under the hood.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kgreen said:

1954 Buick Special Poster

Optional, highly desirable and rare paint for fitty fo'.  Equipped with the biggest straight 8 made that year - two of them side-by-side and all under the hood.

 

and running through TWO PARALLEL SIDE-BY-SIDE PAIRS of

DYNAFLOW QUINTUPLE TURBINE Trannys

as defined by the Sex-tuple Venti-Portseses-

a nailhead with some teeth

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2017 at 9:35 PM, Elpad said:

? time for Mr. Earl 

“Blue Bird” went South. Not to worry, she will be taken care off

AF1DCA3A-BEB9-4B0F-9B36-EAA91C8D76B5.jpeg

 

Was going to start a thread titled "Bluebird flys south for the Winter"  but will just follow Al’s lead here. Having seen BlueBird, a 26,000 original mile car,  wasting away in her pole barn nest over the last few years I decided I have neglected her, as well as some of my other '54's, for long enough. During Al's recent stopover at BG while hauling his 50 parts car from Maryland? to Miami I mentioned I would be offering BlueBird for sale. A few days later I got a text from him that his nieces boyfriend is interested in the car, we came to an agreement on the price and after a couple failed attempts to find a hauler, I agreed to bring the car down to Miami.  So after loading her up in the rain, the next day I headed south.

 

E793C85E-834E-446B-B0E0-476C22A7F734.jpegCA4A058B-9ADD-4576-B31B-706A66B47D0E.jpeg

 

 

 

On 12/23/2017 at 5:24 PM, wndsofchng06 said:

Drive-through Florida to Miami you'll wonder if it ever ends

 

No truer words have ever been spoken. I guess when you live in an area that has toll roads or drive on them frequently you may get use to them but this ol back roads Georgia boy despises them. I am watching the mail everyday for a notice that I owe the turnpike a few dollars as on the way down, at one of the toll stations, I thought the cash pay booths were an exit so I blew right through in the automatic number plate line, along with all the other &^#$(* going 80 mph.    We'll see I guess....

 

I don't think however that I will be offering to deliver any more of my sold '54's. Too damn depressing. I can tell you, getting waves and thumbs ups with a '54 loaded on the trailer while on the road just isn't the same when you're delivering.

 

After arriving, backing the trailer up to the garage door and unloading her, I talked to the new owner and learn that he had a '56 Buick that he had to leave in Cuba when he came to the US a few years earlier. I immediately felt better about the sale. When he paid, he didn't know what to think when I handed him $50 back and told him to join the BCA, it's part of the deal. After unloading,  Al took me to a wonderful Cuban restaurant and treated me to a delicious meal and beers. I also picked up a couple good cigars while there from my favorite cigar store

http://elgalancigars.com/

 

 

1C857928-70F7-4831-A5B9-4E67215F880B.jpegDD53F8D2-4C60-47EF-8411-E496CA275DF0.jpeg

 

E1A4C984-905C-4CF5-87E1-84DEDDC69941.jpeg

 

3A808C5C-24EF-435C-93A7-A3E8F60B4A4B.jpeg

 

 

 I've been feeling pretty blue for the last week or so but feel certain I will be seeing the Malibu Blue over Cavalier Blue BlueBird  being shown next to Al's beautiful Arctic White over Cavalier Blue Roadmaster in the future, which will be a show stopper for sure,  so all is well. Thanks Al for the wonderful Cuban hospitality, nothing short of good ol southern type.  

 

 

 

On 12/25/2017 at 4:02 PM, 60FlatTop said:

The Buick has a tough look.

 

Olds just had a bad attitude in those years.olds.thumb.jpg.e50c4808caa7e825cd4dba5bdfab829b.jpg

 

 

 

Barney, if you think that Olds has an attitude, check out these two sad faces on the way down.

 

0BFF3B1E-CB03-4A0D-BE7B-1F9D73299953.jpeg

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s Front End Friday y’all 

 

32E646E2-933B-468B-8B60-A3F99D68D054.jpegABB2825A-A392-4BC3-BC25-05459A434A80.jpeg

 

1AF3DFB1-9051-4568-9C33-EEA69FBE1A3E.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very last minute...

5a47232827655_1958BuickSpecial-March301979-storage-pic1-Copy.thumb.jpg.88a78850d830fa73bb0f097256dc9540.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MrEarl said:

 

Was going to start a thread titled "Bluebird flys south for the Winter"  but will just follow Al’s lead here. Having seen BlueBird, a 26,000 original mile car,  wasting away in her pole barn nest over the last few years I decided I have neglected her, as well as some of my other '54's, for long enough. During Al's recent stopover at BG while hauling his 50 parts car from Maryland? to Miami I mentioned I would be offering BlueBird for sale. A few days later I got a text from him that his nieces boyfriend is interested in the car, we came to an agreement on the price and after a couple failed attempts to find a hauler, I agreed to bring the car down to Miami.  So after loading her up in the rain, the next day I headed south.

 

E793C85E-834E-446B-B0E0-476C22A7F734.jpeg 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

Barney, if you think that Olds has an attitude, check out these two sad faces on the way down.

 

0BFF3B1E-CB03-4A0D-BE7B-1F9D73299953.jpeg

 

 

 

 

 

Has it occurred to anyone else,

that Mr. Earl's mustache looks a lot like

the upper grille bar "Mustache"

on the 1954 Buick?

But the chrome is slightly shinier

than the Gray !  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I resemble that remark Marty  :D they say some people look like their dogs or cats, I guess cars apply here. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like some hearty coffee!  (Or should I say heart attack coffee?)  :lol:

 

coffee.thumb.jpg.e1610bbd84ba646120008ea87af41a44.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now