WTB - Air cleaner 1966 Riviera GS

kreed

1 hour ago, Eric's.64.Superwildcat said:

I thought the '66 GS had the dual snorkel air cleaner - the same as the '64 and '65.  

Open the link to the ROA in my signature.  Then, down in the member's only section, open the link to "Articles in the Riview."  The one titled How to ID a Gran Sport will explain which '66 Gran Sports had the chrome breather that being sought and which had the dual snorkel breathers (it's on page 2.)

Hi Ed - I need one for a 66  just purchased . It is a single 4 barrel (MW) code engine . I actually have an extra nice lid from a dual quad air cleaner and hopefully it will fit the one with base only ??? but ... I am second in line on that one so don't know if it will be available to me .  If anyone knows of another one , I would appreciate hearing about it.  Agree they are cool looking .

Ken Reed

ROA 14948

The lids are different styles, I don't know about the fit (diameter.)  The lid for the one you want has a smooth top with a full sized decal; the lid for the dual snorkle air cleaner is stepped and has only a small Super Wildcat decal on it.  I was asking because there's a difference between the "pancake" air cleaner from the '63 / '64 and the chrome one for the '66.  That difference is in the diameter of the opening for the carb.  The '63/'64 has a smaller opening for the Carter AFB, whereas the '66 has a larger opening for the Rochester 4MV (Quadrajet.)  

• Like 1