The Missing Great Sports Cars

Guest proscriptus

Guest proscriptus

I'm putting together a list of significant missing exotic and sports cars for a book project, cars that have dropped off the map but that might still be out there somewhere (ie, the Max Wax Ferrari 375 MM, the stolen Goldfinger DB5, James Dean's Porsche). I'm not asking anyone to give up any secrets, but if you have any tips (and photos!), I'd love to talk to you.

Please email me at dave@proscriptus.com. I can't promise any reward beyond a credit in the book, but it should be a whole lot of fun.

Dave

I was under the impression that Dean's Porsche was cut up into small pieces by the towing/ recovery company and sold as souveniers to ghoulish fans. So the car itself is lost forever, much like Richtoffen's Fokker DR-I.

12 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Do cars become "Lost" due to restorations? Bob

Well, without getting too deep here, this is a very philisophical question Bob and a good argument can be made either way. 

Remember Boyd Coddington and his "Ship of Theseus" lawsuit? 

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I was the proud owner 1935 Duisenberg  J speedster  English body by Gurney Nutting who mainly did Rolls Royce and Bentleys. This was my first and last Duisenberg I am sad to say. I was with the kids at the park thinking all will be ok if I left it out of my site for a few moments. While I pushed the youngest one in the kiddy swing I looked over my shoulder and to my devastation it was gone. I was speechless having had to work so hard and long for the money to buy it being with a young family and all. Hard to believe with all the people there on a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon no one witnessed its disappearance.  If anyone spots it PM me please. Last place seen was at Lake View Park sitting on the corner of the sand box.