Roger Rabbit's Car/1951Hemi Magizine kit car

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5604468957.html

this is a listing for a mechanics illustrated one off kit car from the november 1951 issue
it is the only one built as a mopar and was built by the mcgregor mn mopar car dealership
it now has a p-2 plymouth chassis and running gear but can include another 1952 plymouth p2 hemi coupe with a title for another $1200.the motor for the titled car still turns over and that car has a 3 speed overdrive
now back to this car in photos
it has a factory speed shop dropped axle and narrowed rear end plus/tall facort floor shift fluid drive mated to a auto clutch 6 cyl[you can bolt the HEMI right to this transmission or use the manual overdirve to reach 140 miles per hour
read the november 1951 mechanics Illustrated for all details and search web before calling
this is one heck of a deal ,so serious on price
you snooze you loose
three two zero two one two zero five one nine
car has been properly stored and has very expensive zero mile size correct radials

You see a Mechanics Illustrated Special pop up every once in a while.  Build quality of course varies greatly from car to car.

George is this yours or did you find the ad?  My nit pick would be the "only one built on a mopar chassis".  I find that hard to believe and there is no way to know anyways.

12 hours ago, alsancle said:

You see a Mechanics Illustrated Special pop up every once in a while.  Build quality of course varies greatly from car to car.

George is this yours or did you find the ad?  My nit pick would be the "only one built on a mopar chassis".  I find that hard to believe and there is no way to know anyways.

Not mine. CL ad. I kinda like the car. You have to admit it would probably draw a crowd.

Well, actually, it would only reach 140 MPH if dropped from the sky IF that speed is less than or equal to the car's terminal velocity.  To determine terminal velocity would require knowing the drag coefficient of that particular car going through the air and exact mass, so it's not calculable with information we have.  A skydiver in normal position reaches a terminal velocity (at which point gravity is no longer overcoming wind resistance, so there is no further acceleration toward the center of the earth) at about 122 MPH, so it's possible that even 140 MPH in freefall for this car is not possible.

OK, going to put my Engineer hat back up on the rack.  Still not understanding, when I graduated, I thought I'd get a train.....never did...