Family Heirloom 1940 President

Hey Yall!  I am new to the ASC.  I should have joined a year or so ago but never did.  here I am!!   

The story of the car...

My grandfather was a WW2 Navy vet. Came home, got a job with the post office, and had 10 kids. After all the kids moved out and started making their own families, my grandfather decided to build a car. In the mid 70s he found this 1940 Studebaker President on one of his mail routes. He worked on it and finished it in the early to late 80s.  I grew seeing this car on vacation since as far back as I can remember, many memories with all my cousins jumping in and out and over every seat in the car.  He passed away in May of 2015 at the age of 90 and the car was handed down to me. One thing he always wanted was for this car to stay original and for everyone to love and appreciate it. I have it sitting in my garage right now, I sit and stare at it almost every night. I'll take it for a drive to work every once in awhile.  I had a brake drag issue that I have somewhat fixed.  Currently I am pulling all the brakes completely apart to clean, adjust, and lube every moving part that is has.  Here she is, hope y'all enjoy!!  Located in Tulsa, Ok.  

20150514_191117.jpg

20150514_191133.jpg

20160305_170339.jpg

20141219_125040.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is a wonderful car. Hope it brings you a lot of pleasure as well as the memories. I have one here which belonged to my dad and a friend has his grandfather's 50 Plymouth. He wasn't as lucky as you though, he had to buy it from the estate so it stayed in the family. enjoy.