For Sale: 1957 Roadie in Ohio

buick man

24 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

I'd buy that car for anyone who would sign a binding contract for me to make it a reliable and presentable car for local shows and cruise nights. Even better deal, a free car.

Bernie

Now that's devotion to the hobby. If only it had a title.

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

I'd buy that car for anyone who would sign a binding contract for me to make it a reliable and presentable car for local shows and cruise nights. Even better deal, a free car.

Bernie

Are you near the car?  I don't see a rear bumper?  That's a biggie.

You are tempting me to call your bluff!  I don't have the extra money at this time but I've got tons of parts for this car.

7 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Bernie

Bernie:  Look man, it comes with it's own chain what more can a guy ask for.  Wash her off n get her running - It's all ready to go just the way it is to one of your little cruise nights :)' 

• Like 1

Yeah, the chain, that's what I was pulling. The $1500 is the entry fee. There's a lotta, lotta money that will need to flow once that car comes home. I still look at those project cars and sometimes I buy one, but they don't stay around long at my house.

Everything after the purchase price costs pretty much the same whether it's a 4 door or a convertible. I'm getting choosy about what I buy because of space and how well I know the cost of my expectations.

I'm a fairly honest guy and do good work without overcharging. SO, for me to make an offer to turn that car into a presentable and reliable driver, rather than pondering MY motives, how much do the gentle readers estimate the cost of such a contract to be? Not a high point car, just a nice car the wife can run down to the store, buy a gallon of milk, and get a thumbs up at a stoplight?

I have two cars I paid much less than that for. :)

Check your September 2008 Bugle.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 2

It's CLOSE!  lol.

The wife is screaming NO!!!!!

No title is a deal killer. I have no idea of what it takes in Ohio to get one in such a situation. The '57 also doesn't state anything about running or driving, but we know it doesn't stop.

There's also a neat '55 Century coupe listed nearby, possibly in better condition.  runs and drives, but is $3750.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5518795001.html

Neither is returning emails asking for more photos and information.

1 minute ago, bhclark said:

It's CLOSE!  lol.

The wife is screaming NO!!!!!

No title is a deal killer. I have no idea of what it takes in Ohio to get one in such a situation. The '57 also doesn't state anything about running or driving, but we know it doesn't stop.

There's also a neat '55 Century coupe listed nearby, possibly in better condition.  runs and drives, but is $3750.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5518795001.html

Neither is returning emails asking for more photos and information.

He's calling that a century, but there's only three holes.... Better check the body tag.

• Like 1