castings

mikzjr@aol.com

Is there anyone who can make brass castings?

No.

OK, seriously, how about more info, like where are you, do you have a pattern, how complex, what size casting, etc, etc.  Obviously LOTS of companies can make brass castings.

Why brass? Post a photo of what you want to make, you will get a lot of help. Sometimes you can make a batch and spread the cost over several parts/collectors. Ed

One of our club members is working with a company in Washington state that will make a part using 3D computer printing and then produce it in various metals. The part that he is currently making is a distributor mounting bracket that goes on the back of a generator that holds the Distributor for the Continental 14L and 15L engines. Other makes other than Durant used this part. I spoke with the member last night and he sent me a video on how it's done. Amazing!  Part is first printed in plastic using the 3 d printer for the prototype and then once it is accurate, the final product is made in metal.  The part that I needed was given a quote from a machinist at $850 for the first one than cheaper after that. This piece will run around $300. This type of parts manufacturing is used in the aerospace and other manufacturing world.  Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Px6RSL9Ac

You might be surprised to find there is a foundry near you. I know there is one a few miles from here that makes aluminum ornamental work. They might be able to help you. It doesn't hurt to ask.

There are hobbyists who make small castings with home made equipment that doesn't cost very much. If you are a do it yourself mechanic this may be worth looking into.