FS 1919 Buick 5 pass Touring 6 cylinder ALL ORIGINAL 8.5K

Barn Find 2 owner car (Know history) last driven in 1932   6 cylinder motor, all new tires, metal stem tubes, flaps and nickel hardware. ($2000 value) Has build sheet (Buick Motor Co. Finishing report and packing slip) Side Curtains, Rods and Top Boot.  Former owner painted only the hood and radiator valance.  Missing hood handles and latch catches.  $8500.00  Call 508-93two-920six for more information. 

Link to photos of 1919 Buick

• Like 1

Wayne, I think it would be more important to know if the engine is free and it has compression. It will be fairly obvious and easy to see if any valves are stuck. I don't think starting it would be wise, at least until it has been throughly checked out and the sump cleaned out.

I'be be interested in it myself were I not overcommitted as it is. That said, Buicks were well made and are not rare (not like your Cardway), so even if it needed something it wouldn't be a major problem. I'll bet the wiring is shot — all fabric covered wire that will have deteriorated even if it had no miles on it.

Joe Puleo 

Edited by JV Puleo (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen this car in person and it's a very nice car for the money. I would have been very interested in it if I didn't by his 32' Olds Convertible. I know the Olds started and ran very nicely. Came from the same collection and I bet the Buick will probably run with some attention. I didn't try the motor at all though so can't say for sure.

I do love these cars and I would have gone farther about purchasing it as the asking price seemed very reasonable. Still a full days drive for me.I have found that patients has been a virtue since some earlier Buicks have shown up recently. If we were going to take on a project we really wanted a brass era Buick. This 1919 is a still a project. I worked with a gentleman in Kansas that has a very nice 1980s restoration 1918-E45 that I offered on for closer to $10K. It was not running with all the same mechanical issues this 1919 would have. I told them to leave the car alone as I wanted to work on it myself. Knowing that once other people were involved I could no longer afford to buy the car. Considering that it was half way across the U.S A..They did have the car cleaned up and had the fuel system redone. It will still need some heavy servicing and wiring as well as the cooling system. I believe now they are asking over $18,000. To me this 1919 is more interesting as to it's originality.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...