throttle linkage rattle

Hi guys. .I have a 56 special with the dynaflow which has developed a very annoying rattle that I think is coming from the throttle linkage. It use to go away if I lightly put my foot on the throttle but now it does it all the time. Everything seems to be fine so I have no idea why its doing this. Are there suppose to be bushings anywhere on the linkage cause all of mine are metal on metal. Thanks in advance.

Please describe that rattle more.  My 56 Super has a "click" while driving which I can't find either.  Doesn't sound like a rattle and I can hear it mostly on deceleration.  I have heard it on acceleration when driving near a guardrail.  But it seems to come and go. 

The u joint was checked and proclaimed good, but to be honest, I paid someone for that diagnosis.

I sure wish I could find and eliminate that noise,  although I do not notice at all now that the radio is fixed.

I suspect that all fo the linkage contact points will be "metal on metal" with some sort of "clip" or "cotter key" that keeps everyting together.  There would need to be a certain amount of "slack" to ensure that things are not "friction-limited".  It migth be possible to find a plastic bushing that will fit in the linkage hole (even if the hole might need to be enlarged slightly to accomodate the OD of the bushing, to prevent such metal-to-metal contact (and possibly related rattles).  With wear and use, some of those holes can enlarge a  little which might worsen any "rattle" tendencies.  It might also be possible to find flat washers with a "rubber sandwich" for noise isolation purposes.

Over the years, some GM applications used various types of isolation for automatic trans throttle and shift linkages and carburetor throttle linkages (at the carburetor, for example, with a plastic bushing/rubber bushing combination).  For the throttle linkage, I'm thinking middle-1960s Chevy pickup trucks.  Just one of those things where looking is needed to see what might work . . . things which would now be in the restoration industry but might be found in the GM Parts Manuals' illustrations on a model year and model basis.  Possibly something as getting some high quality electrical tape to wrap the rod's contact area, then trim appropriately, as an "insulation interface"?

NTX5467 

This may not apply to you, but also check the parking brake cable if it is riding on the bottom side of the torque tube. I am missing the rubber grommet in the retainer and rattles like an SOB.

This happens with all torque tube rear ends.

An incorrect, but easy fix is to stick a piece of rubber fuel line over the threaded portion (behind the horseshoe). Cut it long so it hits before the horseshoe does.