Any Idea what these big prewar Stromberg Carbs go on?

alsancle

Stromberg made lots of different models of each of these carbs. We have 58 listings for the EE-22 and 109 listings for the UUR-2.

The pictures clearly show the venturi size of the EE-22 (1 3/16). This size was used by Lincoln, Studebaker, and Packard on some of their applications. There were several different venturi sizes used. There are other differences (not always identifiable by picture) which determine the exact application.

The UUR-2 did have interchangable venturii (the ones in the EE-22 are fixed), but have many other differences, including 3 different main bodies, and two different airhorns. The UUR-2 pictured has the small airhorn, thus eliminating several applications (ie Bugatti, Duesenberg, and Pierce).

Often, these carbs when offered for sale, are offered as fitting the most expensive vehicles, in the hope of selling them at the maximum price. Caveat emptor is often the case on ebay.

Jon.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback.  I'll take some better pictures and post them.  You make a good point subtle differences between carbs.   I know that the small 1 3/8 stamp on the side of a EX22 is the difference between a 1k carb and a 3k carb.  Whoever buys these at Hershey will have them in their hands so hopefully no mistakes.

Btw,  any idea what a OO-22 goes on?

Stromberg made lots of different models of each of these carbs. We have 58 listings for the EE-22 and 109 listings for the UUR-2.

The pictures clearly show the venturi size of the EE-22 (1 3/16). This size was used by Lincoln, Studebaker, and Packard on some of their applications. There were several different venturi sizes used. There are other differences (not always identifiable by picture) which determine the exact application.

The UUR-2 did have interchangable venturii (the ones in the EE-22 are fixed), but have many other differences, including 3 different main bodies, and two different airhorns. The UUR-2 pictured has the small airhorn, thus eliminating several applications (ie Bugatti, Duesenberg, and Pierce).

Often, these carbs when offered for sale, are offered as fitting the most expensive vehicles, in the hope of selling them at the maximum price. Caveat emptor is often the case on ebay.

Jon.

Thanks for the clarification. The EE-22 shown didn't look quite like the ones I'm familiar with that fit the Chrysler Airflows.

I always felt bad for the WHITE truck owners that needed a Stromberg UUR-2 and found them on the Bugatti Type 57 parts piles at Hershey. On the other hand buying a White truck carb off the truck parts pile and selling to the Bugatti guy was always cause for a happy dance. Bob 

Jon.

I know what you are saying about expensive cars. I spotted a light switch I needed at Hershey years ago so I asked the vender for the price of it. Rather than the price I was told you realise it is for a Dusey. My response was you realise it also fits Cadillac. I was then given an absorbent price and I moved on.  

I know what you are saying about expensive cars. I spotted a light switch I needed at Hershey years ago so I asked the vender for the price of it. Rather than the price I was told you realise it is for a Dusey. My response was you realise it also fits Cadillac. I was then given an absorbent price and I moved on.  

Kind of like a Blaupunkt 3-band radio I saw at a swap meet about 20 years ago, where the vendor was asking $275.00 for it stating it was for a Porsche 356 or early 911.

In reality, that radio was a DIN mount and would fit anything German (and most other cars, with little modification), and I bought an identical one at a wrecking yard for $5.00!

Craig

• Like 1