1933 Pierce Arrow brightwork stolen

<dl class="userinfo_extra"><dt> </dt></dl>

1933 Pierce brightwork stolen

I had been away from home for several weeks and upon return I found the house broken into. I live in the Seattle area. Among things taken were all the chrome pieces which were repaired and re-plated pieces for my 1933 836 sedan. Also taken was a reproduced archer, and an original helmeted archer in good condition but requiring plating. Everything that was taken was in very good to excellent restored condition. There were six re-skinned hub caps in nicely plated condition. Included were stainless hood center with plated bracketing, headlight rings, parking lights and rings, parking light Stanchions, side mount hardware, external horns, cloisonné medallions, hood door chromed pieces, and much that I am forgetting. The car was a complete and rust free fifty thousand mile car, needing finishing, which I have owned since 1977. I am afraid that it is too late for me to start over.-Bill

Sorry to hear of your stolen rare car parts.

Seattle is really turning into an aweful city as it explodes with growth. I grew up here and for nearly 65 years have watched the change mainly in the last 5 years.

It's such a everyday story here anymore. Sad for us all.

Oh, that is a bad one. If you can, do check with as many scrap metal buyers in the area as you can, and quickly. A friend of mine had some irreplaceable Horseless Carriage parts stolen quite a few years ago. Quick work on a friend's part found most of the pieces. Fortunately, the recycler (in his case) was willing to cooperate, once one piece was spotted, he allowed plenty of time to search for more. Sadly, a lot of recyclers are used to buying stolen goods and don't care. They will often dispose of questionable items quickly.

Good luck to you, Buffalowed Bill. And if failing to locate your parts, I do hope the PAS can help you at least get adequate replacements.

Sorry to hear of your stolen rare car parts.

Seattle is really turning into an aweful city as it explodes with growth.

Bill , it breaks my old twice attacked heart to hear this . You must move fast and creatively , in consultation with every possible network to offer a N.Q.A. Reward for such rare and limited market items . Certainly someone has experience to help you . I also have been the victim of life altering property crime here in Seattle . ( Off Greenwood on 101st ) It caused me to go on crime patrols at night . Month after month . I started to wonder why I was doing it . Then one night , almost ten years ago , I found out why . I saved a neighbors life 2 blocks from my house . If I had been earlier or later or absent , Mike would have died . Yeah , Seattle is growing up . Very sad . A city now with city problems . I am trying to move out to Ellensburg . But , Bill don't give up hope . How long has it been ? Get friends and fellow club members to help you think this through . HELP BILL EVERYONE WHO CAN . PLEASE HELP ! What can I do , Bill ? - Carl , 206-790-6912

Guest AlCapone

My sympathy is with you. I had a similar occurance with a 31 Chrysler. The insurance company were very difficult to deal with. They wanted individual closeup photos of each piece to verify condition and existence which I did not have. They ended up paying about 10 % after a long fight. Good luck. Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Great news! The parts were found in the basement, but moved as if to leave with them or come back after them. Maybe they just figured out that having parts this rare could be like a homing device if they were found, all conjecture. It took several days to figure out that the parts were there. I have to admit that my basement, at it's best, is not as tidy as I would like, but with the uninvited activity it took some time to find where the parts were moved. Were the intruders smart or were they dumb for leaving them? I don't know and don't care because the parts are there! Thanks to everyone for the support. I can always be confident that my friends in the old car community will be ready with a sympathetic word, a pat on the back, or a kick in the butt as the situation requires. Now I just hope that thieves are caught before any sensitive personal information they took can become a real nightmare!

Great news! The parts were found

Oh , Bill , I am so happy about this unexpected outcome ! I am glad I was on the computer and got the incoming prompt ! Been agonizing since first hearing about this . Now , do not delay getting that great old car out in the world ! You are most likely old like me , and we must enjoy what wonderful time left to us ! GREAT NEWS INDEED ! Your "neighbor" , Carl

I spoke with the local police about a petty theft and was told the heroin and meth trouble is off the charts. Most garage thefts usually include tools and other common easy to sell hardware. Very happy to hear your Pierce parts are safe!

Bill,

Get yourself a few battery operated trail cams. Motion activated with nighttime vision. I have photos of many people that had no business trespassing on my property. It only takes one time, as you well know, to lose your prized items. The quality of pictures on the trail cams is also great. I don't know why businesses don't use them, they are not that expensive and you can hide them anywhere. Very glad you had a happy ending.