Passing of ROA Member Phil Cooley

JZRIV

With sadness I post the sudden passing of ROA member Phil Cooley #7446. ROA members may recall Phil as the person who has been compiling the Question and Answers in every issue of the Riview magazine. Phil also recently assisted us with the 2014 national meet in Colorado Springs.

Our condolences go out to Phil's family.

http://gazette.com/calhan-man-killed-in-el-paso-county-crash/article/1544191<o:p></o:p>

So sad to hear... Phil helped me yank the engine out of my '64 just after I moved to C-Springs in 2010 to fix the low oil pressure. I remember also bumping into him at the local car shows and him being pleased to see it was moving under its own power.

He'll be sorely missed by us here on this Earth but I know he's Home now.

Thank you so much for posting the link Jayson. It allows us to better know and understand the kind of person Phil was. I am sure his legacy will live on through his family and through the lives of all he has touched. We can't begin to understand why tragedies like this happen to such good people. I pray his family finds peace knowing he is in heaven.

Thanks Jayson. Much too tragic and painfully heartbreaking. I truly enjoyed Phil's contributions to the ROA and this is indeed a very sad moment for all of us, and one to take stock of and not soon forget. Our heart goes out to his family and friends, and we send our deepest condolences from San Diego. Jan & Valerie.