SHIPPING ADVISE

STEVE POLLARD

I'm in the process of finalizing the purchase of a new project and I'll need to have the vehicle shipped. The vehicle is located outside of Baltimore and would be heading 5hrs. North to the Hudson Valley Region of New York. I'm almost debating whether or not to just rent a U hall and do it myself, but I would like input from the members if they could suggest a company that they had used in the past here on the East Coast.

Thanks

Steve

If you have an appropriate tow vehicle, I suggest you rent or borrow a trailer and pick it up yourself. Nobody will take better care of your new baby than you will yourself. It is also usually a fun day when you pick up your purchase.

Guest AlCapone

I agree with MCHinson and the nice thing is there is no surprises when it arrives home. If you don't have a flat bed check with friends. From experience on several occasions I can tell you it is a fun day.

Wayne

Never Never use a broker. I did once because the car was only 4 hours away and I didn't have the time to pick it up myself. I didn't know it was a broker at the time either, until the car which was suppose to show up at 6 PM showed up 4 AM the following morning. I waited up all night just so I could pay the hauler. What a sham. I have used one company coast to coast twice and don't even call around any more. I just call them, Especially on long distance hauls.

Yes Bruce Hall is the best , Every car is handled like it is his. He hauls new Lamborghini's ,I drove for Bruce when he first started . He is a good friend .I would say Bruce and Applewood Motors is the best out there .He delivers on time when it he says it will be there . Kings32

Good input guys, I appreciate it ! I do have a vehicle that I can tow with and the car is not operational... I did rent a U Haul to tow one of my vehicles a few years ago up to a car show in Vermont with the wife and kids...to be honest, I was nervous since this was the first time doing this, I guess if I did this, the second time might not be as bad....a have a few weeks to think it over.

Hi Matthew - North Carolina is looking good for next year:)

You will only get brokers in response to a uship posting. All brokers will initially give you a low-ball price and then ratchet it up as the weeks go by without a pickup. For a car this close I would definitely go get it myself,

I decided to go with Bruce Hall / Applewood Motors... I'll be heading down next week to the location of the vehicle to pick up a large selection of n.o.s. parts and some large items as well ( inner fenders & rear quarters etc.. )... Bruce will have the vehicle to my location the following week.

I appreciate all of the input!

Steve