Guess I'm Destined to NOT have anything nice!

dei

After a 7 year sleep and a very successful start up, clean up, attending two local cars shows with my 1989 Mercury Cougar.....

post-36036-143142650073_thumb.jpg

I decided to make a short run over to a fellow car guy after dinner (has a 1936 Chrysler), pick up something at the store and park her back up in the driveway.

While getting out I look down at the door before closing it (I'm over 6ft) and see this.

post-36036-143142650079_thumb.jpg

and this!

post-36036-143142650084_thumb.jpg

Having spent most of it's 46,000 miles in a garage (no winter driving and rust proofed three times) it is so maddening to think someone tried to break-in and does this kind of damage!!!!:mad: There was nothing to take so what was the point?:confused:

Then....

I go into the garage..... only to find the insulation mostly down due to the fact something big (raccoon is suspect) got through the upper small gable vent at the back and because I only had heavy plastic vapour barrier stapled to the rafters (no plywood or drywall) the weight pushed everything down.

The live trap is set with lots of food and will be trying to be kind when it is caught!:eek:

Reminds me of what happened to my 89 Caprice Classic. It is a low mileage black beauty without a speck of rust and meticulously repainted 3 years ago. I even bought all new chrome for it prior to the repaint. I had always garaged it and never drove it in bad weather. When I did take it out, I parked far away from everyone, even if I had a sizeable walk to the store. I have a handicapped plackard so when I can find a Handicapped space, I take the Van Accessable one to avoid the dreaded door dings. After a viscious winter, I finally got it out of the garage and drove to the Super Market. Yea! A handicapped spot was available with the van accessable grid next to it.

When I came out, my heart sank. Someone had attempted to squeeze into the grid area and slammed their door into mine on the passenger side, creasing it down about two inches. Naturally, they were gone or their vehicle would have been mince meat and its me that would have been gone!

We have good and bad years with the skunks. I have a live trap that is plastic and will holsd water.

Just tip the trap on its end and put the garden hose to it. If the skunk doesn't see you it is unlikely that it will spray.

After it is drowned bury it out back.

The kids will actually pick up the trap and put it in the pick up and go for a drive in the country and release it with no problems. I think the trick is to not let the skunk see you.

There is a neighbor lady that feeds these things and will not listen to reason about the situation. You cant fix stupid.

... even if I had a sizeable walk to the store. I have a handicapped plackard so when I can find a Handicapped space, I take the Van Accessable one to avoid the dreaded door dings.

If you can routinely handle "a sizeable walk to the store", why do you need a handicapped placard?

Cheers,

Grog

Guest cben09

Re have a heart/skunks,,,,Fold a blanket wide as you can hold,,

Approach trap so you cant be seen by skunk,,,SLOWLEY

Fold blanket over trap,,,then CAREFULLY put trap in pickup

Pickup washes easier than upholstry,,!!!!!!

Remove said skunk from neighborhood,,,

Take overdose of anti anxiety pills,,

Get ready for next skunk,,,

Done this 4 times so far

NO I dont hire out,,,!!

<i dont="" hire="" out,,,

Re Racoon,,they are DAINGEROUS,,,

Keep your dog away,,,if you like the dog

Take no prisoner,,,As ever?,,,Ben</i>

Edited by cben09 (see edit history)