Reo Royale

alsancle

I read here years ago that there was a make of hearses in the thirties that used Duesenberg chassis. Bought from Duesenberg, equipped with generic motors and sold under their  own name. Don't know the details of that deal either but it sounds interesting, if true.

• 4 weeks later...

Good thinking Jason.  My color is a couple of shades darker trending towards black in the dark light.

This car sat untouched for 50 years.  I understand a teenager owned it in the 1950 and had painted the vents red to jazz it up.  Would have been a cool high school car.

A fellow by the name of Mark Gregory is looking for door handles for a Reo Royal he is restoring. Or a handle he can borrow to have some made email nautical@cogeco.ca

I thought the Royale owners were doing a project to reproduce the door handles on the 8-35 which should be the same as Mark's 8-31. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to derail my own thread.

When I was a kid big Al was in to Eldorados.   We had about 5 different ones from 1968 to 1976 as family cars.  Always a few years old with low miles.  First thing he would do when we got the car was to put wide whites on it.  He had one 69 where he bought a chrome nose cone for the hood and a flying lady hood ornament.  It looked like Huggy Bear owned the thing.

That is what I think of when I see prewar cars with wide white walls.

8126449318_1fd304a73f.jpg

Big Al must have enjoyed the Superfly cars exhibit at the AACA museum a couple years ago.   

http://aya-wavedancer.deviantart.com/art/1971-Dunham-Coach-Corvorado-Diamond-Eagle-395257230

Did Big Al have one with sidemounts and running boards with trailer lights on the side?   

https://www.flickr.com/photos/that_chrysler_guy/4131099643/

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

Kirk,  I feel the same way about Duesenberg Model J shutters.  The 29 cars came with the exposed black radiator and the chrome shutters were added later on.  If I ever get one the shutters are going in a box.

I think you know there's more to it than just removing the shutters. I believe even the hood is different.

• 3 weeks later...

Royale Sedan for sale in NY. Is this one a known car? www.ebay.com/itm/201429198203

1931 REO ROYALE 8 built by OLDSMOBILE COUPE ORIGINAL SURVIVOR ORIGINAL INTERIOR

SOLID CAR - had run before parked several years ago - HAS NOT BEEN TESTED BEFORE AUCTION

garage kept for the life of the car - rescued from a carraige house

Straight 8

solid only surface rust seen in photos

interior is surprisingly original and very comfortable - huge leg room in the back like a limo

headliner inside car has some staining

original ashtrays, lighters interior lighting and handrails

the details are all there

frame is clean and rust free

suicide front doors (made by Ford)

AVAILABLE TO SEE - PLEASE EMAIL ALL QUESTIONS

post-76712-0-37736800-1442317400_thumb.j

post-76712-0-80864000-1442317409_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...