asking a car's name

Guest foochowyum

Guest foochowyum

jFC3cvhdVZ4LcFJ.jpg

does anybody know what's the name of this car? what year? my friend just sent this pic to me. i'm a newbie in this forum btw. i'm from Indonesia, nice to meeting you all.

Edited by foochowyum (see edit history)

Guest AlCapone

A 1970 Chevrolet Biscayne. I had the same car only in the color green that I bought new !

Wayne

Your probably right Rusty and Wayne. I was just trying to think back 40+ years ago. They look about the same. Best bet is to look for a data plate and get the numbers off of it. Then you know for sure. Dandy Dave!

Guest foochowyum
It is a dechromed 1970 Chevy Impala 4 door sedan. The Biscayne and BelAir did not come with chrome window frames on the doors, and there was no 4 door sedan Caprice in 1970.

found this brochure on the internet. it's a brochure for 1970 Chevy Caprice: http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1970-Chevrolet-Full-Size-03.jpg

so that's mean there was 4 door sedan Caprice in 1970. correct me if i'm wrong.

The Biscayne would not have had the bright window trim so it is dechromed.

In 1970 I had just transferred to the Navy base in Charleston, South Carolina from two tours in the South China Sea. With a few bucks, I went to the Chevy dealer and told them I wanted a new black 1970 Biscanye two door sedan with a red interior, a 350 engine, and a four speed. A radio was the only option I was interested in, otherwise. The salesman said "Sounds like a nice car, kid. We don't make two door sedans anymore. You can get and Impala hardtop."

It just wasn't the same.

Bernie

We're being asked to identify a couple of GM cars from more than 40 years ago, in Indonesia. Isn't it likely that they were made in an overseas GM plant, where the trim levels might not have been the same as the ones in the US catalogs? My first wife came from Alice Springs, Australia. When we were married in 1962, her father was driving a full-size Chevy with right-hand drive made in Australia. It was the biggest car for - literally! - hundreds of miles. I'll bet you could have found difference between that car and standard US production. I confess I don't remember what the differences were, because (a) it was 52 years ago and (B) I blush to confess I had other things on my mind at the time.

That is a 4 door hardtop. Note the lack of door posts and window frames. That is what makes it a hardtop.

I don't see that, I doubt that the window surrounds on the car in this pic roll down with the glass.