Rhinebeck this weekend

Steve_Mack_CT

Any forum members (besides Dandy Dave whose car I have seen two - three times but never the man himself!!) heading to Rhinebeck this weekend? Always a Spring favorite - bringing a shopping list for the T Speedster and you never know what else could be out there..

I will be there as long as the weather is good.......have to drive my 36 Pierce to the prom at 5pm Saturday so if I go I will leave early. What day are you going Steve?

I'll be their on Saturday for the swap meet and car corral. Let's hope for no rain and a little sun. I'll be towing the cart with the water stained Cord parts wanted sign on it with the picture of my fresh off the transport truck, black Phaeton. It was a nice sign until Hershey last year.

Dave hope to actually meet up this year; Same with Seeker, who should be easy enough to spot.

Mrs. Mack and I will easy to spot as we will most likely be advertising for our pal Tom Laferriere - he keeps the shirts/hats coming we are happy to wear them!

Frank, where is your "usual spot"? We are new to the "T" so I may not know where it is but we do know the field really well - I need a few items for it; the whole ignition system including a "commutator"; good coils - likely rebuilt units as mine are iffy - a mag/batt/of switch any kind is fine as long as it has the right vintage look, a small or "bent" fan assy. bracket for the brass radiator "T", headlight brackets, water pump kit, upper water neck for brass T radiator, rear brake rebuilding kit off the top of my head. A lot of what we need like wiring harness, coil box kit I would expect to have to order but you never know what people have. We are leaning towards the Rootlieb curved fender set up but have not ruled out stock fenders, boards & splash if we found a clean set - this car will be lowered, but only a little bit so I am still on the fence on that look. Speedster specific parts as well - and engine speed parts I figure at least a period intake/dual exhaust manifold would be fun on this car. oh and books, all I have so far is the Clymer book from the early 60s and a stack of Vintage Ford mags. Mechanicals seem simple but different enough that I will need to do some more reading... Let me know where you will be - and thanks for replying, will definitely stop by your booth on Sunday!

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT
added info/clarification (see edit history)

Pretty sure there will be a few Sharon CT cars heading over on Sunday, weather permitting. A couple of nice Model A's, 63 Dodge Dart conv., and I'm working on the 12 Stanley to get ready for the Steam Tour. Hope I get it going for Rhinebeck but it may not happen

Hope to see everyone on Sunday

I will be there with Frank at Orange field, Row Y, Booth 1,2. I am bringing T wire wheels, hubs, Brass radiator, fat-man wheel and some Packard Headlights. See you there, John

I will be there with Frank at Orange field, Row Y, Booth 1,2. I am bringing T wire wheels, hubs, Brass radiator, fat-man wheel and some Packard Headlights. See you there, John

LIKE. Say, I have an accessory T wheel kicking around here. I should bring it for you guys. Dandy Dave!

Weather looks like it will be okay, at least early, planning to head over in the morning with a 16 Franklin that will be for sale soon. Unfortunately I will have to head home around Noon for a family thing, so I'm hopping to get there by 9ish.

Walked around the swap meet for a while on Friday, didn't really need anything, left with an arm load of "great deals"

I went Saturday. The weather turned out great. Partly sunny to mostly cloudy but no rain and a very pleasant temperature. I was disappointed to find 3 of the vendors I usually buy lots from weren't there and their spaces were occupied by other vendors. A few others I was going to drop cards to for buying NOS parts that always have a nice spread, weren't their as well. Hopefully they just couldn't make it this year and will be back next year.

I went cashed up and spent less than 100.00 I was kind of disappointed. I didn't buy anything for my cars. I did score a crazy good deal on an Auburn sales and service sign without any haggling. I'm not sure if it's a repro or not (probably is) But it's an exact twin to the one I paid a whole lot more for on ebay. It was one of those deals where i had to ask the seller how much twice?

There was a really nice 47 Dodge Power Wagon in the car corral for 17,500. Seems like a pretty darn good deal. Very nice paint. Looks to have been a frame off although not quite as nice as the ones that have been posted here on the for sale section lately. Still very respectable and looked to have been built from a pretty good truck.

hopefully the weather is pretty good for those going today. I would head back down but 2 and /12 hours each way limits it to just one day.

Turned out to be a great day, a little breezy and cool, but no rain. Pretty nice turn out, maybe not as many early cars as some years, but the threat of rain most likely kept a few at home

a spectacular Locomobile and a gorgeous 29 Chrysler right next to the Franklin

best of all a great drive for me, although I did have the side curtains on for the morning drive

Chris we spotted the car but unfortunately missed you - the only issue yesterday was not enough time but I guess there never is...

Seeker the truck was nice but the only other interesting vehicle in the corral by late Sunday was a '31 Lincoln sedan with the aluminum body - a friend has the same car but in a coupe/victoria type bodystyle. By then all that was left were a lot of sedans with strange wheels and stranger things tacked all over them... So I guess we threw away a half hour but I cannot seem to go without at least checking it out.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)