New to the forum with a just purchased '37 slantback Buick

Guest NCMark

Mark here from Wilmington NC, been an old car guy forever, my father was an AACA member with a '37 Nash ambassador 8. The '37 slantback buick I just purchased is my first pre-war car. I'v been trying to get it shipped from WS. since early Nov. enclosed carrier, maybe i'll have better luck now that the holidays have passed.

I curently own a 63 Studebaker GT Hawk, a 63 Plymouth Sport Fury, and '67 Triumph Vitesse

yes i'm a member of the AACA, I recently rejoined, after about a 30yrs absence. I went to hershey this year in the rain had a great time.

I used to go to Iola back in the late 70's when I lived in MN.

Hi,

Welcome. Both the AACA Club and the Buick Club of America are good clubs to belong to and the BCA also has a 1936-1938 Buick Division. Tons of information from the old Torque Tube (old 1937-1938 club) at; http://www.1937and1938buicks.com/information_links/information_links.htm . There is also a 1937-1938 yahoo group where these cars among other things get discussed. I'm partial to the slant backs myself and have a model 44.

Carl

NCMark,

I may be a bit off here, but is WI the abbreviation for Wisconsin and WA for Washington State? I know someone that might be able to help shipping, but need to know where. He was working on a possible trip from New England to Wisconsin, so this could make two legs of a three leg trip. However, it can be tricky now trying to get through snow, so may have to wait until spring.

John

Mark,

Welcome! I encourage you to join the BCA, and after you do, you can join the Prewar Division with just your BCA number (no dues). As Carl said, the BCA is a great resource for contacts regarding your car. Please post photos when you get your car and just ask if you need help with anything Buick.

NCMark:

Welcome to the forum. Great resources have been indicated above. We have a 1937-41 which we have owned since 1987 at which time I joined the BCA and 1937-38 Club. This past summer we finally were able to participate with our car at the South Bend Nationals. Better late than never. We also did the Pre-War after tour with a great bunch of people. We had a BLAST! I live about an hour from Hershey and probably passed you in the rain. Please use the forum as there is always an answer available.

post-79073-143142326981_thumb.jpg

The photo is of the PRE-WAR group in front of the Auburn-Cord Duesenberg museum

Thank you all, I purchashed the car From Pete Rasmussen In Oconomowoc, WS he owned the car for 30yrs, he bought it from the original owner. It currently has less than 29000 miles. I think I joined the BCA, I've had so much going on I don't remember of course there are a lot of things I don't remember. My father had Buicks when I was young a '50, '53, and a '57 all 4dr Specials

post-98298-143142327412_thumb.jpg

Mark here from Wilmington NC, been an old car guy forever, my father was an AACA member with a '37 Nash ambassador 8. The '37 slantback buick I just purchased is my first pre-war car. I'v been trying to get it shipped from WS. since early Nov. enclosed carrier, maybe i'll have better luck now that the holidays have passed.

I curently own a 63 Studebaker GT Hawk, a 63 Plymouth Sport Fury, and '67 Triumph Vitesse

yes i'm a member of the AACA, I recently rejoined, after about a 30yrs absence. I went to hershey this year in the rain had a great time.

I used to go to Iola back in the late 70's when I lived in MN.

Hello Mark, and welcome to the FORUM.

We drive and enjoy our AACA HPOF ORIGINAL 1937 Buick 80C, and know you'll enjoy your '37 when you get it home. We have friends in Oconomowoc in case you need another contact there (another AACA Director). You probably know Matt Hinson, another of my friends there in Wilmington. Matt also has a Buick and is a good resource and a great guy.

Sorry for hijacking this line of inquiry but I have a 36 Buick street rod that I need shipped from Delaware to Wis. If you have someone who would be interested in hauling it here I would certainly be interested in hearing from them. The sooner the better. My email address is swandjg@gmail.com if anyone is coming my way. Tks

I have to ask, did your father also own a 1941 Buick 44C convertible coupe? Wondering if it is the same guy I used to often see at the AACA shows.

no just his Nash, he sold it in 1995 to someone in Thunderbay Ontario

Welcome to the forum, this is a great place to get information, and to trade stories about our cars.

I noticed that you own a '67 Triumph Vitesse. A friend of mine owned one here in the Toronto, Ontario area, his was a bit older, a '65, I think, this was back in the late 60's to early 70's, when he had to get rid of it due to rust issues in the frame, but it was a very rare car. A blast to drive through the countryside where we lived.

In retrospect, it was nothing that couldn't been fixed, and I've done much worse over the years, but at the time we were both right out of school, and didn't have the resources.

Sadly, it was eventually scrapped.

Anyway, enjoy the '37!

Keith