Where do all of your Bugles go?

Paul from PA

I was just wondering what you folks did with all of your old Buick Bugles when you have read all of the letters off of the pages and imprinted all of the photo's in your mind. I send mine to high school with my boys. Of course the library teacher has to review them for content and then they are placed on the shelves for all to see. I do the same with the AACA publication. Hopefully it sparks and interest in others that read it.

We have a veterans group at work that with the company's support try to help veterans charities.Our las effort was to answer the call of the local VA hospital for reading materials for their patients,I sent a nice lot of Bugles hoping to brighten someone's day.

Guest my3buicks

I save mine in binders, have every issue from 1966 to current. I often refer back to them. I used to have extra ones I would take to car shows with me and hand out to prospective members.

I used to save EVERY car magazine I subscribed to although except for Motor Trend, I sold a lot of them back in 1979. I have been in the BCA since late 1999 and have kept every Bugle. They are in plastic tubs in the cellar along with several other tubs and bags full of car magazines - Motor Trend, Car & Driver, Car Collector, Car Exchange, Automobile, Ford Times, Car Collector, and Hemmings as well as some old Popular Science, Popular Mechanix and Mechanix Illustrated. I have the first Motor Trend I ever bought, the 1961 new car issue. Some of the Mechanix Illustrateds are from the mid-50's and then some from mid 60's to early 70's - I love to read the old Uncle Tom's road tests. Most everything I have left is from the 60's through the 90's. I also used to keep NADA guides and have a bag full of them from the 80's. A few years ago, I decided I was keeping too much, so the only magazines I keep now are the Bugle and Collectible Automobile. The rest I give a friend who is a service writer at a local dealership. He reads and keeps what he wants then passes them on to others in the dealership.

Edited by John_Maine (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

So far I've added every one of mine to a spread out crescent-shaped display pile on my living room table, always with the current issue laying on top in the middle. Wife says when they start falling off of the table they've got to go!:D

Guest wildcat465
So far I've added every one of mine to a spread out crescent-shaped display pile on my living room table, always with the current issue laying on top in the middle. Wife says when they start falling off of the table they've got to go!:D

Get a bigger table.

I have a hard enough time finding room for parts, so I gave up on collecting magazines.

I keep old issues in the trunk of my cars in case I see an old Buick on the road. I write a note on the cover ahead of time along the lines of "Wow, a nice car, we have a great club and local chapter that you should join, and to call me for help with parts or advice." When I see a an old Buick, it's ready to go and I don't have to stop and write a note. I leave the Buggle on the car, and trust it to do it's own job. Hopefully it works once in a while for a new member...