FROM THE, LOOK WHAT I FOUND IN MY CAR, FILE

Guest Pearville

Guest Pearville

Today, while cleaning the floor after removing the carpet, I found a magazine for a 1911 45 caliber pistol, in the corner of the back seat area. Wish he had left the pistol too. Mike

post-94474-143142245654_thumb.jpg

Guest Pearville
Good find. Check under the seats, might be a Springfield Armory fully loaded or a Kimber Raptor.

Its all stripped out now, nothing else there. This mag fits my Kimber CCII only a little too long. Mike

Ha. When I took out my interior, it revealed the previous owner was quite a character. I found lots of coins, which I expected. A pile of receipts from a place called Dynamic Adult Video in Little Rock. A dozen roaches (not the bug kind). Several boxes of unused razor blades. By far the coolest thing was a vintage USAF can opener. PRL

Guest Pearville
Hi Mike, post a pic of the bottom of the mag. It's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like a pinned base mag which is early/pre-war. I collect 1911s/Colts too, it seems those and Riv's go together!

Here's a pic of the base, I can take more if needed. Mike

post-94474-143142247067_thumb.jpg

While cleaning out a 1928 Chrysler 4 door , I found under the back seat a dry, withered old dress glove. It was small and I almost tossed it right away but decided to look at it carefully. Inside was a pair of round framed goldfilled glasses, a silver timble and in each of the fingertips a coin or two...the oldest was a 1910 Lincoln cent. Someone's little hideaway. A child's, I presume because of the size of the glove and glasses. Probably took quite a scolding for the lost specs ,I would imagine.

Guest Dialtone
Congrats for knowing the difference between a mag and a clip/ lots of people don't

There's a difference ?

I'm just joking, of course.

Guest Dialtone

So far the only things I have found in my Riviera since I got it. A few old gas receipts from 1994 when gas was $1.15/gallon. Also a few receipts/tickets from a dog racing track & Horse racing track.

I'm going to be pulling out the carpet in the car next weekend and putting a new carpet kit in it. See if I find anything then.