TEXAS AUCTION BUICK PARTS

dibarlaw

Checking out the Bugle on line I see there will be an auction Oct 19th,20th and the 26th in Bastrop Texas. Many mid to late 1920s Buick Parts. They advertise a 1925-25 Touring and a 1927-27 Sedan plus Buick parts along with many Model T,A and other parts. I could really

use some of the 1925 standard parts but unfortunately I am in Pennsylvania. Also it appears that the 1925-25 has been dismantled and the parts are thrown about. (Body on saw-horses, frame nearby, incomplete engine, radiator leaning somewhere in the piles etc. Trim and mechanical parts on shelves elsewhere). Looks like the frame was repainted. Would love for someone to be able to work with the auction company to be able to accumulate all the separated pieces in to one pile. Yet I have been to this type of auction before (never on this scale)and the auction house is to sell the stuff. So reasoning is not on the agenda. Unless you know your parts it goes up with a box-lot of Model T stuff. This was even more painful since Hershey was a total washout for me so another year without parts I am looking for.

Still wish I could go. Love to have a radiator shell worth plating.

web site......corneroftime.com A.L.Buck Buchanan Auctioneer

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Larry:

I'll be at the auction - why don't you PM me with your "wants/needs list" and what you are willing to pay for them? I will be there for the preview on Friday and will talk to the auctioneer about trying to gather the correct Buick parts to go with the bodies. I have a '22 Buick Roadster myself. The guy whose estate they are liquidating belonged to my Model A Ford Club for 10 years and died in 2003. The family must have decided it's time to clean out the barns after 10 years. Hubert had lots of cars and parts!

Fred

I flew into Detroit from Vancouver WA and drove to Hershey with a buddy & got rained out.

I heard that Hershey got over 11" of rain Thursday and Friday!

So, we went to the AACA museum Thursday to get inside and see something. We arrived just in time for the power to go out. Somebody hit a power pole.

They evacuated the museum, but I got a voucher to go back someday.... Who know when that may be, this was my first time at Hershey.....

I flew into Detroit from Vancouver WA and drove to Hershey with a buddy & got rained out.

So, we went to the AACA museum Thursday to get inside and see something. We arrived just in time for the power to go out. Somebody hit a power pole.

They evacuated the museum, but I got a voucher to go back someday.... Who know when that may be, this was my first time at Hershey.....

Mark,

I passed by the BCA Tent, signed in, and asked if you were at Hershey..

Sorry I missed you..

Spoke with Adam Welcome 3 days ago and urged him and Barbara to consider coming to Portland next year ( he has cousins there, too!) - it is a possibility

Also trying to get him to come to Hershey next year

Hershey Tuesday and Wednesday were very good, and the show on Saturday was Fantastic

I can agree with everything that is said above as I was the mystery buddy. It was like a comedy of errors (events). The good interesting thing is that we got to go visit Dandy Dave and his real "man cave"

Also got to get our picture taken at the World Famous Packard Plant in Detroit as shown below.

post-44099-143142241805_thumb.jpg

I checked the weather every 20 minutes on Wednesday and Thursday until I convinced myself that the storm would be mostly gone by Friday morning. Ha! I couldn't have been more wrong. It rained on and off all day, mostly on. Larry DiBarry and his son, Alex, and I had a good time covering the Green field and a good part of the chocolate despite the weather. I went home that night and of course Saturday was only cloudy.

Hey, maybe next year we should have a forum breakfast in the tent in front of the Giant center.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...