STOLEN green 1930 Model T sedan on a Haulmark Trailer from Lancaster PA

64Riv-King

I just read this online. Keep an eye out for it: WILLOW STREET: Southern Regional Police are investigating the theft of a green 1930 Ford Model T sedan stored in a Haulmark trailer in southern Willow Street. Police said the car was taken between July 28 and Wednesday and are asking anyone with information about the theft to contact them at (717) 872-0536. Investigators said they are reviewing security camera video.

Read more: POLICE LOG: Sunday, Sept. 1, 2013 - News

I'm optimistic that they'll recover the car, because the thieves were likely only after the trailer it was in. Trailers are easy to sell, Model As aren't.

A few years ago I was on a tour when a fellow tour participant's tow rig was stolen complete with his 1924 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost inside. They found the $250,000 Ghost unceremoniously dumped by the side of the road a few miles away, but the 12-year-old Suburban and the enclosed trailer were long gone.

And if not, let's hope it was insured. While you can't replace the labor that probably went into the restoration, there is no shortage of nice Model A sedans. Good luck to him, I'm always sad when this happens.

I agree with Matt. The Model A will probably turn up. A couple of years ago, a friend in Ann Arbor was storing his two Model Ts in his extra long triple axle enclosed trailer in the fenced in parking lot of his construction company. When he came to work one day, he found his chain link fence cut and the trailer missing. He reported the theft and by the end of the day he received a call regarding two Model Ts that were found at an abandon gas station near Detroit. He immediately went to retrieve them. One of them had some fender damage, apparently caused when the crooks tried to pullit out, but they were basically OK. The trailer never appeared.

I too hope they find the car. Anyone know what color the trailer was and length? It probably isn't the same color now, but if one is seen outside a bodyshop................

Newspaper said the trailer was a Haulmark and black in color.

Terry