Worked all day got nothing done

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

I Decided to work on the Centurion a bit today getting it ready for nationals - needed to update hose clamps to tower clamps and some other issues under the hood - easy job, right? Wrong!!! Got everything apart and realized the clamps I got are to big, the spring clamps for the heater hoses are two small - then I realize the heater core is leaking - not even going there right now!!! Oh, and I need to put a new thermostat in. I would have not worried about it and ordered the new stuff and had plenty of time to do it but I have to take the car to the shop Wednesday to get the window regulator replaced, so I couldn't let it sit all apart. Then I move to the license plate light that is burned out, replaced the bulb (my hands don't work in tight places like they used to) after it broke and had to use the long nose pliers to twist it out. still not working, hhmm, replace the bulb again, still nothing (keep in mind throughout all of this and under the hood a motorcycle bar would have had better language). Finally I realize it is unplugged - again old hands and tight spaces but with some work I got it replugged. Of course through all this every tool I used fell to the ground under the car, or got "misplaced" as I was using them. So after working on the car all day I accomplished getting the license plate light working. I should have just backed the car out of the garage and looked at it and pulled it back in, that would have been more rewarding. So, I have decided F it, I am talking the car, putting it on the field and never opening the hood. I was going to go out tonight in the new Reatta, I decided I better just leave it parked under the cover and not even look at it today, I could see the evening going in the same direction as happened 3 weeks ago with the old Reatta. Happy Buicking!!

Guest my3buicks

I reordered today, Bob A was having his serviced Tuesday, of course I ordered and sent him the wrong sizes as well. I will work on his next Sunday after the Columbus show to get it ready. I am fine not getting judged, I rather have the top down than the car sit there all day buttoned up.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Yes we all have days likes this. I know it helps to be able be able to vent sometimes too. I don't always get any sympathy from the Supervisor here at home so...

You're not alone, it will get better!

Guest my3buicks
Why aren't you bringing your new Reatta ?
I have never had the flame orange Centurion to a national meet so it's turn. Plus - we have been trying to get a decent turnout of Centurions at this meet. Plus plus - I am picking up a set of 16 way seats for the Reatta and another larger part so need something larger than the Reatta The Coupes have a nice amount of cargo hauling capacity, the convertibles, not so much.

Guest wildcat465

I can relate, a month's worth of work on my 64 has turned it into a project so far apart that I had to change what we were bringing. It simply will not get done in time. I hope that your project gets smoother and done the way you want it in time for SB.

Looking forward to seeing your car (with or without the correct clamps, who cares?), I hear a rumor that the MN caravan (unnamed as of yet) will have a Centurion in it.

Guest my3buicks

The SAGA continues, today after work I decide to back the Centurion out to change the thermostat and charge the A/C - guess who broke a bolt off taking the housing off for the thermostat - I am beginning to think maybe this is a bad omen, I have visions now of sitting along the road somewhere. Sitting here steaming, fuming, disgusted, hating the car - oh, and wondering how I am going to get it back in the garage.

Guest wildcat465
The SAGA continues, today after work I decide to back the Centurion out to change the thermostat and charge the A/C - guess who broke a bolt off taking the housing off for the thermostat - I am beginning to think maybe this is a bad omen, I have visions now of sitting along the road somewhere. Sitting here steaming, fuming, disgusted, hating the car - oh, and wondering how I am going to get it back in the garage.

I think this is why a wise man (or woman) buys the iron 455 manifold that the GS racers give away for pennies when their fancy new Edelhauser Performwarrior gets bolted on.

I have had good luck using these. Sears.com

Hope you get 'er out.

Guest my3buicks

Decision made, it's staying home - going to a national is supposed to be fun, and I'm not having fun, it has become stressful due to time issues and other factors. Tried again today, went and got the set Paul suggested and realized I would have to remove more than I had anticipated to get a good straight shot in at it. I have limited time, ZERO patience - slammed the hood shut, covered it up, called it a few choice names - I feel better now LOL - The Reatta will be making it's debut, ready or not.

Guest wildcat465

Well, as a former 90 Reatta 'vert owner, I can say that's not a bad ride either!

Too bad about the Centurion though, I'm still kicking myself about the Cat. Feel that pain.

Guest shadetree77

That sounds eerily similar to a normal day working on mine. Sometimes I wonder what possesses me to go out in the heat the next day and do it all again. I guess that's why they call it a sickness. I got so mad yesterday that I beat the crap out of an old gas pump shell I have sitting out back. Went to work on that sucker with my fist. Stupid, I know, but it made me feel better. Well, except for my throbbing fingers.:P Good luck to you Keith.

Keith I feel for you too. I spent my spring getting the Riviera ready to go to South Bend only to find out last week I had a driveshaft issue. Being only 50 years old, finding a spare part has been challenging. Its "on its way" but we will see if I can get the car off of jackstands and driveable by Friday.

Otherwise my new car will be making a trip to South Bend.

Guest my3buicks

I thought about getting the 67 out of storage but the Reatta made more sense. Fingers crossed for you Bill.

Many a day go same way for Bigum Chief. Drinkum Fire Water. Want to getum on warpath. Drinkum more Fire water. Chaseum Squaws... Squaws run um away from inside Tee Pee... Take um nother swig... chase um and round round Tee Pee. Pretty soon warpath moving round and round. Bigum Chief's plans goneum awire.... Wakeum up next day with Bigum Head and Squaw sqawkinum for food..... Injun Wise man say, Best to giveum up squaw. ;)

Some days just seem that way. Dandy Dave!