Spring Carlisle! Who's coming? :-)

truckmen

Hello all!

Anyone here going to Spring Carlisle beginning 24 April?

Alina and I are going to be there all 5 days. We are taking a hotel nearby. By the way, anyone have a full listing of vendors who will be there?

I need parts for most of what I have listed below my signature.

Ralph

Edited by truckmen
adding information (see edit history)

I'll be in NA140 and NA141 as usual. Carlisle Events used to publish a PDF of the vendor list online, but I don't see it there yet. They may be waiting for the final count.

Spring Carlisle Collector Car Swap Meet and Corral - Swap, Vending, Auction, Original Parts, Aftermarket Parts, Collector Cars for Sale

I'll be there with my buddy Impala Jim; plan to arrive sometime Thursday, and be there all day Friday and Saturday, leaving Sunday morning. Look for my '62 Olds Dynamic 88 Fiesta Station Wagon with its newly installed "vinoleum" for the cargo area! We'll be at NK-44 with Olds and Chevy parts, plus some other odds and ends, stop by and say Hi!post-49040-143141828027_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143141827999_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143141828029_thumb.jpg

It be official: The Mrs. & I shall be there. Have never been, and am looking forward to trying to take it all in. Not needing anything, but will be looking for Olds and Cad stuff.

We are staying at the Econo Lodge in Mechanicsburg. Anyone else staying there?

Should be able to spot us. We'll be the ones wearing Oldsmobile T-shirts (if it is warm enough), and carrying cameras.

Looking forward to it!

It be official: The Mrs. & I shall be there. Have never been, and am looking forward to trying to take it all in. Not needing anything, but will be looking for Olds and Cad stuff.

We are staying at the Econo Lodge in Mechanicsburg. Anyone else staying there?

Should be able to spot us. We'll be the ones wearing Oldsmobile T-shirts (if it is warm enough), and carrying cameras.

Looking forward to it!

I'll try to post a photo of us (my wife and me). We're at the Best Western in Harrisburg, PA

Ralph

When you pay your admission at the gate of Spring Carlisle,

you'll also get a directory (included in the admission cost, I believe).

There will be a detailed map in there, showing the layout and the

numbered vendor spaces.

The directory will also have an index, so if you're looking for

"Car literature" or "Ford Parts," for instance, you'll know the names and locations

of all vendors in each category.

The event is heavy on vehicles 1960's and up. It's not a show--it's an extensive

automotive flea market and car corral.

The car corral is nowhere near as busy or crowded as it used to be

several years ago, but it is still very good, with most cars for sale being from the 1960's and up.

Cars vary in quality--some excellent, some restoration candidates, some fairly priced

and some vastly overpriced, but you should enjoy it. I would assess the cars there, overall,

as not as good as at Hershey, but you'll still have a lot to see.

Sunday, the last day, a large number of vendors will be missing.

So any day but Sunday should be worthwhile.

This is more information than you asked, but it's a quick guide for a newcomer!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Another point for a newcomer: Plan your route to avoid traffic!

For years, I've come in from the east on Route 641 and taken overlooked side streets

(such as North Pitt Street) toward the Carlisle Fairgrounds, where the event is held.

I get there early (before 7 a.m.) and can park within a couple of blocks of the Fairgrounds.

However, if you take the "popular" routes when everyone else is coming in, you

might find traffic backed up for miles. I believe that Route 11 has typically had

some of the worst back-ups.

Other people might offer good advice too, as to which routes. But consider

the streets I mentioned--or some circuitous country back road-- and you may

not hit any traffic at all. A smooth ride makes the event more enjoyable!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

post-39071-143141845145_thumb.jpg

This Spring Carlisle the spring had sprung!

Lots to see, not as much older stuff as I would like but you never know what one may find.

Englishtown is next week, again not much older stuff, my personal older stuff range is pre '55, but I have gotten some really good buys there through the years including Snap-On caster camber gauges in a fitted wooden box for $25.00

Happy hunting,Jay

post-39071-143141845111_thumb.jpg

post-39071-143141845118_thumb.jpg

Just a quick update:

Hello all,

We're headed out early tomorrow morning for the Spring Swap Meet at Carlisle, PA if anyone is interested.

We're staying at the Best Western in Harrisburg at 800 East Park Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17111

717-561-2800.

We will be walking around together in bright yellow jumpsuits with the name NOBLE on them. :-) You won't be able to miss us, we will most certainly stick out! :-)

https://www.facebook.com/SpringFallCarlisle?fref=ts

Alina and Ralph M Bohm

alina_and_ralph_in_ontario_pic-a-part_zps2aafd3fe.jpg

Thursday at Carlisle. Wow. About 65 degrees and full sun. Got to bring a hat and suntan lotion tomorrow. The flea market field looks more like Hershey than Carlisle. Much more antique parts and much less muscle car. We walked from 10am until 3pm and saw maybe 1/3 of it. Large crowd but the place handles crowds very well. Longest line I saw was at the ice cream stand! 7 hours of sleep and back at it for Friday. Weatherman says same deal only a few degrees warmer. Spoke with some Gettysburg Region members and they are looking forward to the eastern spring meet coming up soon.

Back from Carlisle. Fabulous weather, fabulous swap. This Spring Carlisle was better attended by both vendors and buyers than those in the last two or three years. Maybe that's a sign the economy is turning around. Sold most of the items I bought, turned around and bought a bunch more stuff. I did score an NOS front bumper for my 62 and a very cool 1960s Delco cabinet. Met many old and some new friends. All in all, a great time. I overheard one commercial vendor say that he had set up on Monday, and by the end of Wednesday had sold as much as at most recent Carlisle shows. He was expecting about 3X the recent show sales.