For Sale: 1932 DL 6 Coupe Parts - Wheels, Hubcaps, Drive Train, Front Fenders, Bumpers...

We've ended up with some extra pieces from a project that is currently underway. There will be more parts as we go along and without a doubt we're going to need some other parts as we get further into the project.

Here is a link to a flickr gallery. '32 DL6 Parts - a set on Flickr

Here is a list of what we'd like:

Pending/ 5 wheels - $250

Pending/ 4 hubcaps - $200

Pending/ Front fenders - $450

Pending/ Steering column and wheel - $50

Pending/ Front and Rear Bumpers - $150

Complete drive train (engine, trans, front and rear suspension) - $500

It looks like the engine isn't what we thought, good thing we're not going to leave it in the car as it wouldn't be

Shipping is from western Washington State, US Zip code 98225'

I won't be posting these to ebay as I would rather just work with folks in the forum community.

Lastly, the we think the DL6 Coupe is a pretty rare care and thus the parts are equally difficult to find. That said, if our numbers seem totally out of line, say so and we'll talk.

I won't be monitoring this thread for replies as it's been hijacked by assmonkeys. Please stick to PMs.

-Shawn

Edited by Hammer_31_Dodge (see edit history)

Is the blue car where these parts are coming from? Looks like a very nice car. Two thumbs down on your project if this is the case. Another rare classic car gone to us forever.

What would ever make you decide to cut up such a nice rare car or maybe I am just missing something.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

32bizcoupe - PM sent - The engine could be anything as we aren't the original owners (or even close...) Maybe someone has a book that can decipher the serial number and determine if it's original.

34dodger- I don't think we'll have any tail lights but I'll check and make sure ( I know I had an extra but we may need it for one of the cars). No luggage rack or gauges.

steve9 - Thanks, it's hard enough finding parts for these things but having to deal with someone who then tries to pull every penny possible out of them is just frustrating as hell...

1930 and R.White - I understand where you're coming from but if you look a little deeper you'll find that we have a 31 and a 32 and both need a bunch of work. We've been buying parts from all over the country to try to put them back together and simply have some extras. We have a variety of cars, some originals and some rods and are proud of both for what they each are. The fact is, I've seen originals sit in fields, owned by someone who couldn't stand the idea of the car being rodded but happy to watch it rot away to nothing. If the first choice is to preserve the history, then is the second choice to see nothing left of it or to see a rod that at least preserves the heart and soul of what car enthusiasts love about our hobby? Personally, I'd prefer to see something preserved rather than see it rot away in a field...

Here we go Again !!

Hey Jack, you oughta make ......Here we go Again !!.......a part of your signature, easy to do and it will save you time for your future posts.

32bizcoupe - PM sent - The engine could be anything as we aren't the original owners (or even close...) Maybe someone has a book that can decipher the serial number and determine if it's original.

34dodger- I don't think we'll have any tail lights but I'll check and make sure ( I know I had an extra but we may need it for one of the cars). No luggage rack or gauges.

steve9 - Thanks, it's hard enough finding parts for these things but having to deal with someone who then tries to pull every penny possible out of them is just frustrating as hell...

1930 and R.White - I understand where you're coming from but if you look a little deeper you'll find that we have a 31 and a 32 and both need a bunch of work. We've been buying parts from all over the country to try to put them back together and simply have some extras. We have a variety of cars, some originals and some rods and are proud of both for what they each are. The fact is, I've seen originals sit in fields, owned by someone who couldn't stand the idea of the car being rodded but happy to watch it rot away to nothing. If the first choice is to preserve the history, then is the second choice to see nothing left of it or to see a rod that at least preserves the heart and soul of what car enthusiasts love about our hobby? Personally, I'd prefer to see something preserved rather than see it rot away in a field...

The guy that lets a car sit in a field to rot before finding someone that will give it the attention it deserves is no better than the guy that street rods a vintage car that could have been restored.

People seeing your 32 as a street rod is only going to fuel the fire for the next guy to go out and find another 32 and do the same thing.

But bring your original 31 or 32 to a show no matter the condition and park it next to a 75.000 dollar catalog or Frankenstein built turd and see what gets more attention, your original car will, ask me how I know.

Inspire people to keep them original, dont inspire them to to take the easy way out.

In my opinion you have to pick a side, either help this side of the hobby or hurt it.

A decent original car that could have been saved but is rodded does not preserves the heart and soul of what car enthusiasts love about our hobby in my opinion.

What I love about my hobby is seeing the cars whereas the owner has done the very best within his abilities and checking account balance to preserve what once was, a glimpse into our past when times were slower, machines were made to last and our federal deficit wasnt thru the roof.

Build the cars unique... build them original.

1930 and R.White - I understand where you're coming from ...

I doubt that.

Fortunately, in my view, here in Britain, there is not the appetite for rodding through good original restorable cars that there is in the U.S. If all they did was play their games with rusted out hulks, there would be far less of an outcry.

Here, the presumption is that the emphasis will be on restoration to stock and believe it or not we have been doing that for many years without the need for cast-offs from hot rodders. The term "labour of love" is often used where the cost of restoration far exceeds the car's final value. I'ts too easy to make money out of "rodding" so I can understand the attraction but I don't have to like it.

Ray.

Guest stephen48

A shame that such a nice vehicle is being turned in to a heap of junk. Look how many of these junk conversions are for sale un-wanted on ebay.

My dear chap, perhaps it is you who is missing the point. Unless we are all mistaken, the blue car in the photos has been dismantled. That is no "rotted shell" but a perfectly restorable example of an increasingly rare model; albeit with the wrong engine. This is not, in my opinion, a suitable donor car for spares or rodding. As I have said before, until there is a recognition of the fact that this kind of practice is unsustainable, the world's motoring heritage is at risk.

Ray.

Actually Ray 32 saw the lowest sales in D.B History and a 2 Dr. would have been the cream of the crop as far as rarity so saying an increasingly rare model is a bit of an understatement.

Not only were the sales so slim because it was never intended as a family car when new ( which is what most couples had back then ) the 2 dr models have been sought after by the scurges of society because of its attractive style and lighter weight.

In 1932 only 1,815 rumble seat coupes and 1,963 business coupes were made so even back then they were rare! Any that have survived, ESPECIALLY those in easily restorable condition deserve to be. There are people waiting in line to do it. Any fair-minded person would recognize and honor that basic principle.

I'm not biting guys. Have fun with your troll and good luck with your convictions, I'm sure they will both serve you well.

Interested parties should stick to PMs as I won't continue to this thread.

Quote: "Silence is the virtue of fools"............Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626)

You guys are really too much sometimes. Here is a guy offering good parts from a rare car for us to glean and all you can do is get on the soapbox again about history being ruined. Then you basically call the guy a "fool". Get over it or preach on your own blog site. Just be thankful for once that someone like "32bizcoupe" may get what he needs to finish his car. It's just sooooo tiring to see this over and over on these posts. I hate to see a car like that go that way, but get a grip and leave the snide comments to yourselves. No need to reply to my post since we already know your take on things and you just ruin the site for everyone else.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)