2013 BCA National Meet, South Bend, Indiana

Guest 1951 Buick

Guest wildcat465

I drove a car there, yes it was one of those dastardly newer Buicks. Do not own a trailer any more.

I was hoping to drive the 64 Cat but ended up in a parts ordered situation.

I am sorry for bringing a newer example, but I go just to see a lot of cool peeps anyhow.

So that folks know, the BCA Board and the National Meet Committee are aware of opportunities presented at the South Bend Meet either constructively or not. A lot of discussion amongst all are in process already. All of those opportunities as well as others that may pop up in the future will be engaged. All shows I have attended since I have had entered this hobby have had what some would call issues. Witness the Abe Lincoln quote above. I feel that upcoming National Meets will run more smoothly in the eyes of most. Good folks are working on this. Volunteers to help at the Meets are probably the greatest challenge that will be faced. As John S. said "Many hands make light work."

I drove mine and I don't have ac. Nice trip.

Carl

I drove a vintage Buick to the Buick Meet. Yep, no air but no big deal. I enjoy the "time machine" quality of driving a vintage automobile with no modern conveniences.

Guest wildcat465

If it were not for those trailers, I would have not gotten to see a lot of really awesome Buicks at the show!

Who cares how they got there.

They were there.

Guest my3buicks

It's a rare thing that I have the top up and A/C on in either of my convertibles, my 67 doesn't have air and I have suffered for 35 years in it traveling to Nationals, etc. I wouldn't have it any other way - trailering them would take the joy out of it for me, but to each his own.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought the current push for the future viability of the BCA was to encourage youth involvement? Why put up barriers to serve this ideal?

I can think of nothing more special than a road trip with Dad to a car show...I know from experience.

How about a 17 year old driving over 2000 miles with deteriorating A/C (work needed) with her 15 year old brother as a navigator? I'm proud of my daughter.

On top of that, this was a great bonding experience in terms of spending time together and in terms of planning our Buickful future. Luke wants to drive to Allentown...he'll be 18 then. Springfield may not happen for them due to the June dates. Portland is likely to be a tow job (and no, not for a concours trailer queen).

How about a 17 year old driving over 2000 miles with deteriorating A/C (work needed) with her 15 year old brother as a navigator? I'm proud of my daughter.

On top of that, this was a great bonding experience in terms of spending time together and in terms of planning our Buickful future. Luke wants to drive to Allentown...he'll be 18 then. Springfield may not happen for them due to the June dates. Portland is likely to be a tow job (and no, not for a concours trailer queen).

Bang on my friend. It started with me when I traveled all over the local land with my Dad at un-Godly hours just so I could get some ice time and play Hockey. Now we can share those experiences with another shared experience.

Its in the end what this hobby is all about, shared experiences....with Dad and family. I could think of nothing better. Cars are just the vehicle to make it happen.