2013 BCA National Meet, South Bend, Indiana

Guest 1951 Buick

Planning on bringing my mild chopped top 57 Buick to South Bend next week.

Hopefully your restorers won't be hard on me for not being 100% original.

The theme of the build was to look like a 57 Buick PROTOTYPE for the

New York New Car Auto Show. Enjoy.

cANT WAIT TO SEE THIS ONE....

10 hours Close? Well I guess its in your perspective. My wife doesn't think its close and having never attended one of these events, I'm not sure its worth going t war over. Last year I went to the National Impala Annual Meet in New Jersey... I was really glad it was only three hours away. Even then I'm not sure it was worth the 3 hour trip. Thanks, BuzGuy

Kinda bustin your BB's Buzguy

Yes, for 500 Buicks in one place, ten hours is close. It is very rare that the Nationals will be held literally in your back yard. You have to take advantage of relative proximity when you can.

I meant no offense.

I have a "Jacuzi King Non-Smoking room at the Inn at St. Marys beginning Thursday that I will be needing to cancel soon. And I just got an email from them advising that I could upgrade it for $1 to this.

King Suite Deluxe

• The King Suite Deluxe features two separate rooms: a Living Room and a Bedroom.
  • The Living Room offers a double pull out sofa sleeper and a small dining table and sink area.
  • For your convenience you will also find a refrigerator and microwave, coffee service, and a flat screen TV.

PM me if interested in taking it and we'll see what we can figure out.

This room has been claimed.

the heat is on extended weather for saturday show 93 degrees ,remember Charlott??

It was 10-15* hotter in Charlotte...even the show in Phoenix many years ago was not hotter. The beer is indoors or outdoors not matter what the temperature. After leaving 103*, 93* will feel cool.;) Is it global warming?? --- no, it's July!!

Willie

Guest BuzGuy

Mike, all: I really wish I could go to see those 500 Buicks in one place. Last year at National Impala there were only about 50-60 cars. I'm almost 70 years old now and also handicapped in a wheelchair so I don't get around real easy. My wife doesn't like cars as much as I do and although she would do anything I ask, its not fair to keep making her go to car shows that are so far away. Hope you understand better now. Thanks, BuzGuy PS: Are there really 500 Buicks typically at these shows? That is a lot of Buicks!

500 is a bit of an exaggeration but not by much.

According to the registrations we are having about 350 cars in the show.

As far as you getting round in your wheelchair, we are on pavement, not grass this year.

Plans are to be closer to you in 2016. We move across the country and the east coast is scheduled for 2016 again.

I can only make it on Saturday. We are going to bring a car; we are coming real early just to be safe. Where can we go to register / check in for our spot on Saturday morning? Since I won't be there on Day 1, where can I get my meet bag and ID tag? Do I need to print up my confirmation that the club sent me and bring it with? I never brought a car for a National Meet, any advice greatly appreciated.

Pomeroy, First, my comments are unofficial, as I suspect the "officials" may be already underway to South Bend. There should be signs to direct you. I would say go to the Hilton Garden Inn first as the Conference Center is attached. It would help to have your registration number, but I am not sure the printed form is needed. Once you pick up your packet. BE SURE TO REALIZE THAT YOU NEED TO HAVE THE CAR PPROCEED FOR QUALIFICATION CHECK, before you can enter the show field. This does get a bit "rushed" on Saturday morning, so an early start is good. There should be a car wash set up nearby, as you may need to "refresh" after the trip, and if you have time. I think you need to have the car ready for judging by 20 AM, possibly 9:00. Saturday registration opens at 7 AM. Hope this helps until you get an official response. John

I can only make it on Saturday. We are going to bring a car; we are coming real early just to be safe. Where can we go to register / check in for our spot on Saturday morning? Since I won't be there on Day 1, where can I get my meet bag and ID tag? Do I need to print up my confirmation that the club sent me and bring it with? I never brought a car for a National Meet, any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks John. Can anybody else add to this? Help out a First Timer. thanks. PP

Not sure if you will get much more as most people are in route. But note that I should have said 10 AM, not 20 AM. But I think it best to be ready by 9 AM, after the inspection for lights, extinguisher, etc. You can look up on the web site for the judging manual which you can look over during the week. Perhaps some one can respond to you during the week after we too check out the exact location. John

Guest 1951 Buick

You can check in at the BCA Registration table in the Gillespie Center, which is attached to the back of the Hilton Garden Inn. Registration will only be open until 10:00am, so plan to be there by 9:00am at the absolute latest so you can get through Pre-Qual so you can be judged. As John mentioned, make sure you have a fire extinguisher. I'm leaving first thing in the morning to drive our '51 up to South Bend, so I'll be out of touch after tonight. I will be around this evening if you need to call me. Call on my home phone (614-471-8219) with any questions you might have.

Mike Book, BCA # 9202

2013 South Bend National Meet Co-Chair

BCA Office Manager

Thanks John. Can anybody else add to this? Help out a First Timer. thanks. PP

Pomeroy,

you may want to check out this thread, not meet specific but has lots of good info.

http://forums.aaca.org/f115/never-been-national-meet-before-307703.html

This webpage also has some good info, but some of it was specific to LAST years meet.

2012 Buick Club of America 500 at Concord, NC National Meet

Guest 1957BUICK SLT
That 57 is so so kool. Love the chopped top, lowered stance, and what appears to be a white band above the spear.

Dale in Indy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dale--No white band,here's two better photos

Enjoy-post-95086-143142020114_thumb.jpg BILL

post-95086-143142020111_thumb.jpg

Anyone that has been involved with a CAR SHOW, knows it ISN'T an EASY task.

Someone needs to make decisions, there is NO WAY you can make all happy, so we need to THANK those involved, and enjoy the show.

Most of the time the complainers have not offered to be of help, so until you can say you have been or offered to be involved, then don't complain. IMO.

Nothing personal towards any one person, just my experience.

Dale in Indy

Family in So. Bend, asked, IS THE SHOW FREE TO THE PUBLIC? IS PARKING FREE FOR THEM TOO?

Dale in Indy

Dale, the Buick Nationals are always free and open for the public to view and enjoy the cars. I'm not sure what the parking arrangements are for the public.

I will be in South Bend early in the morning. I will be wearing a double faced string sign around my necK, NO IT WON'T SAY KICK ME, but will say, BCA - AACA.

SMITHBROTHER

Please say hello, would love to meet you.

I will be driving my modified Limited, but not showing, it's a driver, gets very dirty, so will park it in the public lot. It's been on the road nearly 17 years.

Dale in Indy