2013 BCA National Meet, South Bend, Indiana

Guest 1951 Buick

Guest 1951 Buick

To answer some questions concerning the 2013 National Meet:

Dates: July 17 - 20, 2013

Registration deadline: June 30, 2013. Late or day of event registrations will be at the Meet Director's and National Meet Chief Judge's discretion.

The two Host Hotels are literally side by side. The Hilton Garden Inn room block has been completely sold out. The Inn at St. Mary's still has rooms available.

The overflow hotels are: DoubleTree by Hilton - 574-234-2000 (phone) - $99.00 per night - Downtown South Bend, about 1 mile south of Host hotels

Comfort Inn & Suites - 260-333-5777 (phone) - $89.00 per night - about 1/2 mile north of Host hotels

MicroTel Inn & Suites - 574-273-4300 (phone) - $69.00 - $89.00 per night - about 1/2 mile north of Host hotels

Staybridge Suites - 574-968-7440 (phone) - $99.00 - $109.00 per night - about 3/4 mile north of Host hotels

The car show will be held in the parking lots behind the two Host hotels.

There will be inside & outside Vendor areas. The outside will be right next to the showfield. The inside Vendor area will be in the Gillespie Conference Center next to the Registration area.

Trailer parking will be right across the street from the show field & hotel location.

Awards banquet will be held in the Gillespie Conference Center, which is attached to the Hilton Garden Inn hotel.

Registration will be in the Gillespie Conference Center.

The bus tours will leave from the front of the two Host hotels.

The Hospitality Room will be located in the Inn at St. Mary's hotel right off the show field.

For any further information, please contact us:

614-472-3939 (phone)

buickcluboffice@aol.com (email)

Mike & Nancy Book, BCA # 9202

BCA Office Administrators

National Meet Committee Chairman

2013 BCA National Meet Co-Chairs

Edited by BUICK RACER (see edit history)

Guest 1951 Buick

Thanks, Roy. Nancy & I are hoping for a huge turn out, so make sure you & Michelle eat your Wheaties so you have enough energy to handle a lot of registrations!

Mike Book, BCA # 9202

1951 Buick Special 2 dr hardtop

1995 Buick Riviera

2005 Buick LaCrosse

buickcluboffice@aol.com

What car to bring...that is the question. I wish there was a simple answer. I have an argument for each of the three, but it's hell driving two, let alone three.. But I am leaning towards the GS if Linda comes, otherwise the 56.

To answer some questions concerning the 2013 National Meet:

Dates: July 17 - 20, 2013

Registration deadline: June 30, 2013. Late or day of event registrations will be at the Meet Director's and National Meet Chief Judge's discretion.

The two Host Hotels are literally side by side. The Hilton Garden Inn room block has been completely sold out. The Inn at St. Mary's still has rooms available.

The overflow hotels are: DoubleTree by Hilton - 574-234-2252 (phone) - $99.00 per night - Downtown South Bend, about 1 mile south of Host hotels

Comfort Inn & Suites - 260-333-5777 (phone) - $89.00 per night - about 1/2 mile north of Host hotels

MicroTel Inn & Suites - 574-273-4300 (phone) - $69.00 - $89.00 per night - about 1/2 mile north of Host hotels

Staybridge Suites - 574-968-7440 (phone) - $99.00 - $109.00 per night - about 3/4 mile north of Host hotels

The car show will be held in the parking lots behind the two Host hotels.

There will be inside & outside Vendor areas. The outside will be right next to the showfield. The inside Vendor area will be in the Gillespie Conference Center next to the Registration area.

Trailer parking will be right across the street from the show field & hotel location.

Awards banquet will be held in the Gillespie Conference Center, which is attached to the Hilton Garden Inn hotel.

Registration will be in the Gillespie Conference Center.

The bus tours will leave from the front of the two Host hotels.

The Hospitality Room will be located in the Inn at St. Mary's hotel right off the show field.

For any further information, please contact us:

614-472-3939 (phone)

buickcluboffice@aol.com (email)

National Meet Committee Chairman

Have sent our registrations ( from Australia ) but am trying to make room reservations at the Inn at St Mary's. Their on line booking shows nothing available over the National Meet period - is that because the BCA has reserved the whole Motel? Can we book on line or does it have to be done by phone?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1951 Buick

Ft. Wayne was one of the three locations we originally considered for the 2013 National Meet, but South Bend had a much better bid and more to see for tours, David. We hope you bring one or both of your Reattas to South Bend. Now....about that lapsed membership.....um, yeah! :cool:

• 1 month later...
Guest 1951 Buick

Hi Ted.....We just emailed you the registration forms so that you don't have to remove or copy the back cover of the Bugle. We look forward to seeing you in South Bend!

Thanks!

2013 South Bend BCA National Meet Co-Chairs

Ted,

Mike and Nancy responded regarding the 400 point judging protocol. I suggest you read the judging manual (available at buickclub.org [likely how you get to the forum]) to give you a better idea. You do have options such as U - Archival Unrestored through 1988, or the Driven Class Award. You might also want to talk with the people in Upstate NY Chapter also as to where they feel you might fit, as the reading may lead to more questions.

John

Guest 1951 Buick

The Pre-Qualification check is for the following:

To verify that the car is drivable

Check operation of lights and horn

Check for safety glass

Check for fire extinguisher

Check vehicle description data on windshield card and judging sheet. Does vehicle match the documents and are correct document colors used?

Endorse the Pre-Qualification Check on the judging sheet so that judges know it has been checked

Direct vehicle to correct area of judging field for their class.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We knew better but failed to get our room early so I finally got one last week. From info on hotel sites and talking to the reservation desk at the host hotels, it appears this is going to be a big meet. The Hilton and Inn at St Marys have been booked for months and their reservation people say they get several call a day wanting rooms.

I am sure Roy would like to see more meet reservations as people historically wait to send in that paperwork. My excuse is not knowing what car to take. I will be there, see you in July.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 1951 Buick

DoubleTree by Hilton - 574-234-2000

Comfort Inn & Suites - 260-333-5777

MicroTel Inn & Suites - 574-273-4300

Staybridge Suites - 574-968-7440

BCA Office Managers

2013 BCA National Meet C0-Chairs

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon my ignorance. I have never attended a BCA National Meet. Do you have to be there every day? Can you just bring your car for one? When is the actual "show?" We live in Indianapolis and would love to come up for a day or so, but due to the nature of my work, can't get away that long. If you were coming just for a day to bring your car, and not have it judged, just show. Whats the best advice for coming?

Edited by 1mortician (see edit history)

Guest 1951 Buick

Hi Eric.......The car show is on Saturday. The cars need to be on the field by 9 am, as the judging will start between 9 and 10. If you just want to display your car, just fill out the registration form on the back of the Bugle. The cost is $35.00 to register you and your wife plus $25.00 to register your car for Display only. You do not have to be there any other days. If you wanted to attend the banquet and awards ceremony that night, you would need to register for the banquet as well. You are welcome to attend only the awards ceremony without the banquet dinner free of charge. If you have further questions, please call us at the BCA Office - 614-472-3939 - and we'll be happy to discuss any questions you might have. We look forward to seeing that beautiful '55 Roadmaster in South Bend!

BCA Office Managers

2013 South Bend National Meet Co-Chairs

Guest 48buickkid

So I have a question, I just picked up a 47 special that is a parts car to most. Its rusty! But If I redid the mechanicals(mainly the brakes as it does run)and made it presentable do you allow patina or projects in the early stages to be let into the show? I know this seems to be a more upscale finished car thing so I just wanted to know if I should even try to shoot for this as a date to be ready by or just take my daily driver and have fun walking around? I love the Buick marque so a BCA membership is in my future for sure. I'm a younger guy so its a budget thing till I can really afford to make it nice but in the time between then and now I am going to enjoy driving my Buick.

One of the main purposes of the annual meet, is the frendship with other Buick owners, so by all means you are welcome to show up and look around any day. There are also vendors for parts.

I guess your decision to drive will depend on how well it is running after you do some work (you have a few months), You can bring that Buick or just drive another car, without registering for the show. There is what is called an "Archival/Judged" class that is judged on original content/finish, etc. There is also a "Driven Class". You will find information on these, as well as 400 Point judging on this BCA web site for reference, and you can also find the Registration Form, which outlines the other activities, as well as cost. You must be registered, either as a Member or one day, Member-At-Large to take part in any activities, but there is no charge to walk around, look and more importantly, ask questions (Buick owners are usually not shy, or elitist. After you review the judging criteria and the Registration Form, please ask any questions on the forum or to the National Office. Note that the 'one day" Member At Large only is for Driven, Display and Modified Class.

John

I would just add to the responses above that the BCA National is not just an upscale finished car thing. Amopngst the many beautiful cars wou will find plenty of unfinished restorations and probably a good dose of unstarted restorations too. In 2003 I brought my 56 to Flint. I have had this car since 1975 and have never started a restoration, which it could definitely use. When I pulled into the 56 parking area amongst countless drop dead gorgeous cars, I thought to myself; I better hide this car in the back row. That however did not stop hundreds of people from coming by and remarking on how I had brought an original car to the meet. Sure made me feel great to know an everyday car can be appreciated by this crowd. So please, bring your 47. I am looking forward to seeing how it has held up to the element of time.

Guest 1951 Buick

Sometimes the cars that draw the most attention at a show are the cars that are a "work in progress". The Buick Club is all about the love of the Buick automobile, and having your car at the National Meet would be fabulous. As the others have mentioned, there are several classes available to put your car into, and we would bet you'll have more folks looking at your car and asking questions than most of the other cars on the show field. Bring your car, join in the fun and you will be surprised at the information you will be offered about your car! As Meet Directors, we welcome you to the show!

BCA Office Managers

2013 South Bend National Meet Co-Chairs