Get Naked at Gateway Chapter Heatland Regional Sept 6-8

MrEarl

Guest wildcat465

Yeah! Let's tear up some nailheads!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]152410[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]152411[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]152412[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]152413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]152414[/ATTACH]

Photos courtesy of my garage. I am not bringing this stuff down there. We shall play with Mr. E's toy I hope.

Edited by wildcat465 (see edit history)

sounds good to me. What time?

And once all nourished, we can all march out to the parking lot and everybody grab a corner of that TWB (Train Wrecked Buick) and pitch it over onto the trailer that is going to further relay it west toward Oregon. Sumbitch was a hoot loadin with that one broke front wheel. But Rita, she just grabbed holt of that hub, and commenced to walkin it right up on the trailer. Didn't even break a sweat.

could I get a wake up call 706 two zero one 8 five five five

I was going to start another Tx Rd Warriors thread, but I'm the Lone Ranger this trip, and I just want a beer now. I'm in Joplin Mo.

580 miles. 104 degrees in OKC, 9 1/2 hrs on the road and 16 mpg.

Got less than five hours mañana. I'm in for breakfast and moving cars, etc.

My pleasure, Mike...great to see you again and shoot the sh*t.

Yesterday was pretty hectic, but we managed to keep it running smoothly. There are a couple people who have continuously worked their a$$es off for this event. Without them, we wouldn't have an event. So, thanks to the members of the Gateway Chapter board for plowing through all of the messes we've encountered and making it a success!

Had a great time, and got to meet a few more BCA members!

Adam, Thanks for all the work you and the guys put into this show. Nice location, easy to get to, and saturdays weather was incredible.

Mike Middleton, good to meet you, hope you have a great ride home!

Got to tour some great car shops on friday with Gene and Dean from the Iowa chapter, and my father Don. Saw some really nice cars, and had a nice lunch afterwards.

Thanks to all for a good time

Mark

Mark, great to see you again and meet your Dad...and thanks for the beverage Friday night. Your GS is stunning!

Once again, it's not about the cars that keeps me around. It's all of the friends we see and new friends we meet during the meets that make it all worth it. After 12 years here on the forum, I finally met Lamar and his wife! :D There are so many familiar faces and names that I'm sure I would forget to list...but I'm happy to see so many of them made time to come to St. Louis and contribute to a great show.

Time to get to work on Hobart. I still have to go pick him up from the show field this afternoon.

Guest wildcat465

Many, many thanks to all of the Gateway Chapter for another great Heartland Regional Show.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]153122[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153123[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]153124[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153125[/ATTACH]

Some of my favorite pics.

And only one downer,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]153126[/ATTACH]

Hoping to get a ride in Adam's 58.

Didn't get one. Maybe next time?

Made it home last night at around 9. Hauled serious booty with an average travel speed of 68 mph. Cranked out of my mind on coffee and Diet Cokes. Had trouble falling asleep with the jitters...

Oh yeah, thanks also to all of the Syrdals but especially for the one who kept me sufficiently lit the whole weekend ;)

Great job Gateway chapter. Gonna have to steal some ideas for our future Regionals.

Edited by buick5563 (see edit history)

Hey Mr. Earl,

Did you see the 1954 Century 2-dr. hardtop in black primer that showed up for sale on a trailer about mid-day Saturday, and was there for just a few hours? $4000 and the owner cranked up the engine which sounded excellent. Odometer showed 39,000 miles, and the lack of wear on the foot pedals and orig. upholstery makes me believe that is the actual mileage. But it had some rust here and there, and needs a lot of work. Still, I think it was the most reasonably priced car that was for sale at the meet. Had three K-H wire wheels that went with it, too.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Guest wildcat465
Looks like a great time. Sorry I could not make it. More pics please, especially of that blue 56 Roadmaster

PM me your e-mail address John, I would hate to resize the good pic I have just to put it on here.

Guest Rob McDonald

Okay, guys, now I'm painfully jealous. I spent some time this weekend in a hotel parking lot, too, but all the Buick owners I approached buzzed their windows shut and locked their doors before I could even say hi. Anyway, you should be glad I wasn't there. Most times I see a cloud like that, there's a tornado dangling from it. It's a family curse.

Mr. Earl, you've got to share your secret now - what was with the car-meets-train display?

Well my # 1 question was answered.

Question - Do the Gateway folks know how to put on a Regional.

Answer - OH YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! and complete with 3 54's and very special ones too.

I'd like to say thanks to all the great folks there that made for a great fun filled event. And a special thanks to Adam Martin for all his hard work and ESPECIALLY for taking the time (while obviously having a number of things going on) to stop at our table at the banquet to chat for a few minutes with my wife and I.

Met up with and partied with some old friends and met some new. Talked everything from boiled peanuts (although that's not what it sounded like she said) to the fact that the cam timing on my new engine is off one link to "Yea Paul, I'd love to see those NOS dog dish hub caps you've got for sale, and preferably while I'm here".(never saw them...)

The transfer of the Train Wreck Buick went well. (the one picture is for you Mike Middleton, you know which one it is). Rita and I spent all day Saturday at the Botanical Gardens (the most beautiful ones we have ever been to) but arrived at the Arch too late and only viewed it as a drive by.

Headed out Sunday morning on up to Detroit to pick up this little Century which regrettably has spent too much time on winter highways of Ohio and Michigan and will likely end up as a parts doner. Speaking of Michigan highways, I have never been so glad to cross a state line as I was when we crossed over from Michigan to Ohio. Michigan, why didn't ya'll take advantage of some of them Obama dollars and do something about I-75.

So again thanks Gateway, ya'll show nuff know how to throw a party.2012 BCA HEARTLAND REGIONAL

Pictures not appearing for some reason. see next post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]153895[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153896[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153897[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153898[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153899[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153900[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153901[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153902[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153903[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153904[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153905[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]153894[/ATTACH]

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)