Help needed transporting a vehicle, non-running, no brakes or steering

Guest 1979atariguy

Guest 1979atariguy

Anyone know of a carrier who would be able to transport a non running vehicle with no brakes and no steering...this is a big restoration project and I am looking into carriers who would transport from the Pacific north west, to the east coast. Any help is appreciated, thanks,

Anyone know of a carrier who would be able to transport a non running vehicle with no brakes and no steering...this is a big restoration project and I am looking into carriers who would transport from the Pacific north west, to the east coast. Any help is appreciated, thanks,

A vehicle that does not steer usually cannot be loaded unless

the steering linkage is intact and it will track straight ...

Commercial carriers will not bother with an non steering roller

that has no brakes,

it cannot be ran up & down A MULTI CAR CARRIER - they do not want to deal

with winching it on and off to transfer ....

If it cannot track straight to load - you are looking at loading & unloading

by forklift on and off an open trailer ....

Coast to Coast is 3000 plus miles

If you have not bought this yet - I suggest something closer to home

Jim

post-56761-14313906818_thumb.jpg

I used Passport transport. After being promised a delivery of my non runner convertible with top down by an independent hauler I waited 3 months and that person never picked it up after driving by it twice. I called Passport and within a week they loaded it and brought it to me a week after pickup. I'm in NY state, the car was in California. They winched it in and out. I was impressed with the way they handled it and seemed to have plenty of experience with non op cars the way they winched it out with a block and tackle set up. My wife even asked about nonsteering cars and they said they do those as well. I was very happy with the price as it was about the same as I was quoted by the person that never picked it up in the first place and I had to even pay more than the standard rate (which would have been less than my original quote) because it had to be picked up on a certain day and that was less than a week away. Sometimes it's probably best to go with the big guys. There reputation depends on it. They will be the first I call next time.

I used Passport transport. After being promised a delivery of my non runner convertible with top down by an independent hauler I waited 3 months and that person never picked it up after driving by it twice. I called Passport and within a week they loaded it and brought it to me a week after pickup. I'm in NY state, the car was in California. They winched it in and out. I was impressed with the way they handled it and seemed to have plenty of experience with non op cars the way they winched it out with a block and tackle set up. My wife even asked about nonsteering cars and they said they do those as well. I was very happy with the price as it was about the same as I was quoted by the person that never picked it up in the first place and I had to even pay more than the standard rate (which would have been less than my original quote) because it had to be picked up on a certain day and that was less than a week away. Sometimes it's probably best to go with the big guys. There reputation depends on it. They will be the first I call next time.

In a word-USHIP.

they are on the net. Have had great success on 3 occasions and haulers bid against one another, giving you great pricing and you can read the feedback on each hauler.

good luck!

Guest Mochet
If you arrange to have a car hauled by U Ship and an accident occurs whose insurance covers it?

Shippers on UShip do provide insurance, if you request it. They also have feedback ratings from users. I've used the site successfully quite a few times.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...