Greenwich Concours

Anyone get to Greenwich this weekend? Figure Saturday (American Classics, etc. & Bonhams) was a bust but they probably had a nice day yesterday, for the Euro stuff. We were busy this weekend, would love to see any pics or updates...

Not a bust at all. Sprinkled a little about 9:00 and cleared up for the rest of the day.

This may be the only time you'll ever see my Mark II with the top up. This was just before it was loaded for the trip from Michigan to Greenwich, CT.

IMG_0772.jpg

We attended the Bonham's auction party and saw some pretty interesting vehicles. I couldn't figure out what the extra fender was on this car. I learned that it was to protect the area where the gentry set would step to get into the cabin. Since roads were mostly mud at that time I can understand the precaution.

IMG_0851.jpg

The view from the show field onto the bay.

IMG_0853.jpg

This is the host hotel, adjacent to the show field.

IMG_0854.jpg

It poured Friday night. It sprinkled for a few minutes as we loaded the car onto the show field, but not bad enough to put the top up. Some people kept their cars covered. We braved it.

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

Edited by Barry Wolk (see edit history)

Guest Kingoftheroad

Thanks for the GREAT pics of some GREAT cars !!

Wish I coulda been there, looks like it was a great show !!

As happens a lot lately, the archaic office PC won't upload pictures so I will have to see them later on tonight... :(

GLAD it was not a wash out Saturday. We are about an hour and a half north of Greenwich and it drizzled all day long! Sorry I missed it, Barry, would have been more inclined to make the trip and say hi if I knew you were showing there.

As happens a lot lately, the archaic office PC won't upload pictures so I will have to see them later on tonight... :(

GLAD it was not a wash out Saturday. We are about an hour and a half north of Greenwich and it drizzled all day long! Sorry I missed it, Barry, would have been more inclined to make the trip and say hi if I knew you were showing there.

It's likely that we'll be back next year with the Porsche Continental Cabrio.

Thanks for the photos Barry, it was raining 45 minutes North so i didn't venture out, sorry I missed you. Sure would have liked to see the green Stutz Phaeton that had the Hemmings feature a few months back. The Westport concours has been canceled, that was another great local show. Bob

Bob, is that the show also called the Fairfield County Concours, held in September? Any idea why?

See my thread in "shows & Events" Newport, I thought initially had been cancelled but will be held on 7-15. This one should grow as the venue is fantastic, we have that one inked in on the calendar. :)

Barry, sure enjoyed the photos, and decided to read a bit about your trailer build Wow ! You are a patient and determined fellow ! As for the shirt, looks like it would fit right in over here, if you ever come this way and can be around on a Saturday, give me a shout and I'll introduce you to our "car gang" that eats breakfast together each Saturday. Oh, it will be considered "period correct" here, because none of us remember, ha !! John

There is a little yellow 356 that leaves our subdivision road some days, and seemed to scat up the Queen K highway a bit faster than I thought it should. I was out at our VW/Porsche/Audi repair place getting some touch-up paint for my 52 Ford truck that is painted cyber green (V W color) and asked them if they knew the car. The gent said not only did he know it, he built the engine, and no, it wasn't anywhere near stock internally. These are neat cars, and a modified one kinda surprised me, but you can't tell by looking at the outside. Yours is such a perfect color for these cars, it had to be distressing to say the least with the "inside" accident you described during the trailer-building story. Thanks for the response, you're welcome over anytime, John

I reckon I know most cars but there are a couple in the exotics group I could not pick; the dark coupe regisitered 1HK parked next the to the Apollo GT, and the browny coloured convertible parked next to the red Dual Ghia. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 57DualGhia
I reckon I know most cars but there are a couple in the exotics group I could not pick; the dark coupe regisitered 1HK parked next the to the Apollo GT, and the browny coloured convertible parked next to the red Dual Ghia. Any ideas?

The 1957 Dual-Ghia shown at Greenwich is #137 (37th of 117 produced and about 35-ish remaining.

To see more information on this car go the the magnum440 site at: <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> 1957 Dual Ghia By Ed Blumenthal

Edited by 57DualGhia
URL http://www.440magnum.com/mopars/2010/april/1957-dual-ghia.shtml not shown (see edit history)