Duesenberg J ..........ID wanted

1937hd45

To me, that looks like a posed car show shot.....not a "period" photograph...note the hood is up....I'd be willing to bet it's an early 50's car show, and blackwall truck tires were the only thing available to keep it rolling.....

pure conjecture of course.....

Thanks! I knew it was a late one with the skirted front fenders, was is a "JN"? So elegant with the blackwalls. Bob

Bob, the last 10 chassis were designated JN. They had a number of minor mechanical modifications. I think they were all bodied by Rollston. As West mentions, the biggest thing was the door overhanging the chassis which was a much more up to date look.

Great shot, and I would agree with David that little clues like the dress of the two gents in the background and lic. plate bracket (of course, could have been on there pre-war) seem to say "50s car show" to me as well, - except I would argue that is "period"... :D

To me, that looks like a posed car show shot.....not a "period" photograph...note the hood is up....I'd be willing to bet it's an early 50's car show, and blackwall truck tires were the only thing available to keep it rolling.....

I'll bet that is exactly right, probably early 1950s

You have a red X in your photo box. If the blower was added is it from the Duesenberg that was on Chassing Classic Cars show that was in a thread here a month ago?

I think it is J533 which is currently in the Nethercutt Museum. Blower added later.

SJN533-RSR-63.jpg

Guest Commodore

This Duesenberg is not J533. My father owned J533 from 1944 to 1955. J533 did not have louvered hood sides. It had screened hood sides with outside exhaust pipes.

Steve Marshall

Great shot, and I would agree with David that little clues like the dress of the two gents in the background and lic. plate bracket (of course, could have been on there pre-war) seem to say "50s car show" to me as well, - except I would argue that is "period"... :D

:)

I'm not going to disagree ...