Recommend your local nut & bolt supplier here ....

Trulyvintage

I had to get some grade 8 fasteners yesterday

and went down to my local hometown supplier ...

Who do you use for nuts - bolts - fasteners

in your hometown (other than big box stores)

when you need a handful ?

My go to supplier:

Bond Industrial Supply

921 North Main Street

Franklin, OH 45005-1650

Phone: (937) 746-4637

Bond has just about every size nut & bolt

in sae and metric - prices are very reasonable

Jim burnout.gif

We're fortunate that the local Ace Hardware actually maintains a nice selection of grade 5 & 8 hardware on hand. They also carry a small inventory of brass slot head wood and machine screws (getting harder to find these days). Not all Ace stores carry the same though. We also have a local Fastenal store and they've been able to satisfy 95% + of what I can't get at ACE. Finally, a company by the name of Totally Stainless is about 15 minutes away and carry an incredible selection of threaded fasteners in stainless steel. You can look them up on the 'net and their entire cataloge is on-line. The great thing about this supplier is that their prices are, in most cases, cheaper than grade 3/5 stuff at the hardware store, and they'll sell you just the amount(s) you need, whether it's 1 or 1,000 pcs. Our biggest problem seems to be finding brass fasteners though. You just have to scounge for what you need, or in extreme cases make it yourself.

Guest bofusmosby

I've got a local family owned hardware store 3 houses down from me. They usually have what I need, and are able to get for me what they don't have.

We couldn't live without McMaster-Carr but we still hit the hardware store if we need just 1 or 2 special pieces of hardware. Amazing what McMaster stocks.

McMaster-Carr has a warehouse not too far from my house. I can place orders online in the morning and they will drop it on my porch that afternoon. Crazy.