All,

I am starting to post up my Kissel Gold Bug Speedster and other Kissel vehicle pictures on a new web site which my future son-in-law set up for me in November of 2011.

Please check out www.kisselsandclassiccars.com for pictures of three Kissel cars, restorations, the historic Kissel Gold Bug Speedster Gathering in 2010, and other interesting matters.

This site is a work in process as i am just learning how to do this.

Ron Hausmann P.E.

Guest ken bogren

How many Kissels still exist? I visited at the museum in Hartford, WI a few years ago when there was a Kissel Meet going on. While there wasn't a large number of cars there, there was a nice variety of years and models. Fun to see.

Guest Rob McDonald

HEY CHRIS, welcome to the Forum! Your fire chief's car is one of Canada's significant heritage treasures.

RON, everyone says that Harley Earl invented automotive styling. Nonsense. Whoever penned your Kissels was way ahead of him. Who made those stunning pencil-beam headlights? Very 21st Century.

How many Kissels still exist? I visited at the museum in Hartford, WI a few years ago when there was a Kissel Meet going on. While there wasn't a large number of cars there, there was a nice variety of years and models. Fun to see.

Sir,

There is a registry which we Kissel Owners keep up to date and except for discoveries yet to be made in barns, there are approximately 200 Lissel cars in existence. about a third of them are incomplete bodies or empty chassis, so in reality around 130 complete cars exist. Gold Bud Speedsters are included in these numbers.

If you just want to know about speedsters, there are 37 relatively complete Kissel Gold Bug Speedsters which survive from all years between 1920 and 1928. My 1923 Model 6-45 in the pictures is one of 5 that remain, and two of those are in pieces and parts.

Beautiful cars.

Ron Hausmann P.E.

The 1920 Gold Bug we restored that was housed in the museum for many years and then went to France for a time is now coming back to the museum for display. The '27 Sedan we did now lives in a collection in Missouri. I also believe one of the White Eagle is returning to the museum from a collection in France. Some Models of Kissel are CCCA Full Classics and deservedly so.

There was a Kissel family member that owned a few cars that were under restoration, he was murdered in Greenwich, Ct 10-12 years ago. What happened to the cars, are they now restored?

Sir,

The two Kissel brothers in Connecticiut were both murdered in seperate circumstances. Andrew Kissel was the brother who collected classic cars and who was later brutally stabbed to death while under Indictment for fraud. Andrew Kissel's 1923 Kissel Gold Bug Speedster was siezed by the goverment and sold - I bought it and it is my yellow one in the pictures!! Andrew Kissel was not known to be a relative of the Kissel Motor car founders nor family. I have Andrew Kissel's vehical documentation, which the police lift in the door pockets.

BTW, Andrew Kissel bought the car from the William Ruger SR. (Ruger Firearms) collection.

Neat provenance!

Ron Hausmann

Thanks Ron, I remember seeing both Ruger sports cars that he patterned after the 3 or 4 1/2 liter Bentley at the NYC Auto Show when they were new, one of the nicer reproductions IMO. Nice to know there wasn't a Kissel connection to the two cars mentioned, the Greenwich brothers just shared the same last name. I think the other Kissel was a sedan, a friend did some body work on it before things got ugly. Buying a Kissel Gold Bug at a goverment auction must be a story worth reading. Best wishes, Bob

I sell old automotive publications and have sold some original Kissel items to Ron and also to a woman named Lynn Kissel who lives in the San Francisco Bay Area. She said she is a distant relative of Louis Kissel who founded the company in 1906 and that she owns a couple of Kissel cars...