Dimmer switch

27dodger0

I have found driving lots of different cars that the floor dimmer switch can really be a search from model to model. On the turn signal switch it is always in the same place. I can most always reach it with my finger tips without removing my whole hand from the wheel.

Up north in Minnesota if you did not have a garage, and even if you had an unheated one, in the winter the slush and sludge would cover the floor switch and your snow boots could not make contact with the switch?

Correct. The switches would simply corrode away with all of the salt in Michigan.

WOW! Thanks to you all! I never realized the problems associated with it on the floor. Having grown up in Illinois, I never experienced what you described, even though we had standing snow and slush for months. My only problem was getting into the car in the morning with frozen weather strip, and then not being able to close the door afterward! I am now smarter!

WOW! Thanks to you all! I never realized the problems associated with it on the floor. Having grown up in Illinois, I never experienced what you described, even though we had standing snow and slush for months. My only problem was getting into the car in the morning with frozen weather strip, and then not being able to close the door afterward! I am now smarter!

Me too. If you are raised in the desert you don't really think about issues with snow and salt. Ask me about how I didn't check for rust on the first car I bought when I was in upstate NY. :) This is another issue that I had not thought about.

I still prefer it on the floor and if a dimmer switch fails on a newer vehicle I will replace it with old style switches. however... none of the newer ones have failed yet... (at least on my cars.)

The multi swithes of today may also work the wipers, cruise, or lights as well.