1954 Century Wagon $1,200

MrEarl

1954 Buick Century Estate Wagon 69 Series

You read it right. $1,200.00. I have been agonizing over how to purchase and get this diamond in the rough home to Georgia for over a month now. Finally seeing that it just 'ain't gonna happen' so I am putting it out to you all. Somebody here please take this opportunity to own a rare (less than 1,600 produced) and highly desirable '54 Century Estate Wagon. It is located on the west coast in Washington. A straight body, VERY little rust through and all there. Fully optioned for a 54 Century. Power brakes, power steering, Selectronic Radio, power antenna and power SEAT!!!

here is how the owner describes her;

although the front floors are rusty the rear and the spare tire

well seem real good the drivers door panel is in very poor shape but the

chrome strip and clips are fine, the grill has one break but is better than

I remembered, the seats as I told you are in one of my garages and are in

decent shape the bottom of the body looks like is was a sea green and the

top darker. aside from some of the portholes the car is pretty much

complete.

Pat Ringer 509-952-1889 Patsco1@clearwire.net

Please someone jump on this.

Some pictures below with a couple of what she could look like. And more pictures here

'54 Century Estate Wagon- $1,200

post-31987-143138718094_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138718098_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138720083_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138720088_thumb.jpg

post-31987-14313872009_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138720094_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Long weekend? It would take a long WEEK, and probably more than that, Georgia to Washington and back. It would take a very long week, Texas to Washington and back--doubt if it could be done in a week when you are towing a 4000-pound car, not to mention the fuel expense, motels, etc. The cost of the car itself is the least of the problems! Definitely worth restoring, though, for someone a little closer to it.

We had a nice 1955 Century wagon (thanks, Mike M.) at our South Central Regional Buick meet in Texas a month ago, but I don't think I have ever seen a 1954 model 69 in person.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

Ya, kinda like the thrill is gone..??

Ben

GOOD ONE BEN!!!! :D remind me to buy ya one for that one next time we see each other. I'm sure D will give Peter a hard time on this one when he does resurface.

In the meantime maybe this will help Pete's temporary bout of CRS

btw, the Gull Gray Ghost was the first 69 I let get by me. :(:rolleyes:

post-31987-143138720737_thumb.jpg

post-31987-14313872074_thumb.jpg

Contacted seller, nice guy, good long conversation as I am sure Lamar knows.

Deal killer is the same for me. 1700 miles from Yakima Wash to Madrid, Iowa. Current going rate is $1.00 to $1.25 a loaded mile and it shows about 25 hours driving. That means the trasnporter would need 2 overnights.

I think this will have to remain a NW car.

Looks like good clone material for a 1954 Landau Pickup.....just whack off the roof behind the rear doors, go to Walmart and buy a silver Thermos & 4 tin cups, and you're almost done! ;)

Too far for me too.

Al Mack

"500 Miles West of Flint" or "1800 Miles East of the Pacific"

Mark

That makes a difference yes. For one thing SLC is on I80 and that's the other tough part, no straight forward interestates to Yakima.

But remember Mark I have all my cars transported so I personally could not meet someone in SLC for the handoff.

Looks like good clone material for a 1954 Landau Pickup.....just whack off the roof behind the rear doors, go to Walmart and buy a silver Thermos & 4 tin cups, and you're almost done! ;)

Too far for me too.

Al Mack

"500 Miles West of Flint" or "1800 Miles East of the Pacific"

LOL... That's funny...