Danvers Buick National

Barney Eaton

Here are a couple of pictures from Danvers. I did not take many as I "misplaced" my camera, but found it Saturday evening after it was too late to get more pictures.

If someone can enlarge the photos I can send you a larger file.

The people around the tables was taken Thursday evening at the Rendezvous.

George Madsen is in red shirt, behind him is Denny Manner, on right by door is new Director Bob Popyk. We had 8 tables of Reatta owners

Here is a row of Reattas outside the Rendezvous.

post-30596-143138595628_thumb.jpg

post-30596-14313859563_thumb.jpg

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

Guest HessLakeGuy

To all:

We got back two hours ago. We spent two extra days visiting some of the sights before we came home.

Nice to see Reatta people, both old and some new ones. Great places to eat in the Danvers area.

The traffic and expressways are something I could never get used to..........

Tom

I failed to mention that I met several Reatta owners that had never been to a meet before, one great joy is meeting Reatta people in person that I have corrisponded with over time.

In this case, it was Tom Benvie. Tom was on the forum back in the late '90's, then dropped off. He brought several Reatta parts and was selling them in the swap space.

I hope his load was lighter on the way back to Boston.

Glad to see you guys made it home in good shape. Please post some more photos for us all to see. I see lots of familar faces in the photo posted.

Try to stay cool as it is very hot here in Kansas

109 last Saturday. Challenge for the AC in the car

Chuck Kerls

It was a real pleasure being with the Reatta people in Danvers. This was my first time spending more than a few hours at a national show. I learned more about Reattae in 2 days than I have in 20 years.

I don't think that there was any problem that couldn't be solved. Barney, Ed, and everyone with their tools were more than eager share their expertise.

This is without a doubt the finest classic car club group going, and will try to do my part to keep it that way.

Bob Popyk

Your new director (but definitely not the smartest guy in the bunch) ;)

post-31730-143138595774_thumb.jpg

post-31730-14313859578_thumb.jpg

It was a pleasure to go to the Buick Nationals and meet so many nice people, and to see so many nice cars. I have attended the AMC Nationals since 1975 and have put on the New England AMC Regional show since 75 as well. There were far more cars here than at any of the AMC meets, and everything seemed to go flawlessly. The most amazing thing to me was how many original, unrestored cars were present, especially Reattas. many still with the original owners!

Here are some pics:

post-30910-143138596295_thumb.jpg

post-30910-143138596333_thumb.jpg

post-30910-143138596369_thumb.jpg

It was a real pleasure being with the Reatta people in Danvers. This was my first time spending more than a few hours at a national show. I learned more about Reattae in 2 days than I have in 20 years.

I don't think that there was any problem that couldn't be solved. Barney, Ed, and everyone with their tools were more than eager share their expertise.

This is without a doubt the finest classic car club group going, and will try to do my part to keep it that way.

Bob Popyk

Your new director (but definitely not the smartest guy in the bunch) ;)

Welcome as the new director of the Reatta Division. I had a good time and met many great people. Your the guy for the job. Good luck and If I can help, let me know. Sorry I couldnt get to Danvers but we will get to North Carolina

Cheers

Chuck Kerls

Ervin,

those are indeed polished wheels. that silver 1990 convertible belongs to one of our customers, Dan Sullivan.

he bought the set of polished wheels from us.

polished wheels are quite durable, and only ask for the occasional coat of wax to stay shiny. our polished wheels don't have any of the peeling issues that chrome wheels have, especially in corrosive climates.

Mike Rukavina

buickreattaparts.com

Ervin,

those are indeed polished wheels. that silver 1990 convertible belongs to one of our customers, Dan Sullivan.

he bought the set of polished wheels from us.

polished wheels are quite durable, and only ask for the occasional coat of wax to stay shiny. our polished wheels don't have any of the peeling issues that chrome wheels have, especially in corrosive climates.

Mike Rukavina

buickreattaparts.com

How are polished wheels different then chrome wheels and if different, how much more durable are polished wheels (no such thing as corrosion in L.A. :))?

Ervin,

the biggest issue with chrome wheels is with who is doing the work. chrome plating aluminum alloy is totally different than chrome plating any other metal.

we had sold chrome wheels about nine years ago, and had peeling issues with about five sets, with three sets being in either Florida, Texas, or California. we had sold about twenty sets of chrome wheels at that time altogether, and we replaced every set at our expense with polished wheels, just to make sure there wouldn't be any more issues.

if the polishing is done correctly, it is extremely difficult to tell it from actual chrome plating.

auto manufacturers seem to be heading away from chrome wheels, and toward polished wheels instead. lots of current model cars have polished wheels as standard equipment on their highline models. as a matter of fact, if your XLR-V still has it's original wheels, they are polished, too.

as far as durability goes, I have customers who have had their polished wheels for 9-10 years, and they still look like the day they were installed on their car. I have a set of polished 1991 Reatta wheels on my Buick Park Avenue, and they look as nice today as they did when I installed them four years ago.

Mike Rukavina

buickreattaparts.com

Nittany,

Just curious, what color is the top on that red '91?

Also, looks like you've modified the exhaust. I like it!

Bob

Hi Bob,

The car came witha black top and I replaced it with a black Hartz cloth top from Mike Rukivina. The exhaust was modified with a Camaro type Flowmaster muffler which sounds suprisingly good with the 3800 engine . . . I like seeing dual exhaust on a car (although today's manufacturers might be taking it too far) and always felt that the Reatta should have had a Gran Sport option for those who prefer a sportier car.

I apologize for wandering off course but wanted to answer Bob's question. I am curious to see the '91 wheels polished . . .

post-31355-143138599017_thumb.jpg

post-31355-143138599019_thumb.jpg

Guest steveskyhawk

Nittany,

I have posted a couple pictures of my 89 with Riviera wheels which are a chrome version of the 91 style wheel. A chrome wheel doesn't look exactly like a polished wheel but I thought it will give you an idea what they might look like until Mike gets those pictures up. Currently I'm out of these wheels but in the future if you need chrome center caps with the Reatta center I have lots of those.

post-53748-14313859904_thumb.jpg

post-53748-143138599048_thumb.jpg

Have mixed emothions about chrome wheels. I know some really like them but have always felt they should not stand out from the car (well not from a Reatta, can think of some cars...), rather the whole package should be balanced to the eye.

Now have gold Bonneville snowflakes on my triple blue with gold stripe 88 coupe but generally prefer natural aluminum. White Fiero with black trim has black Snowflakes. White Judge has natural.

Have not figured out what to do with the 17s from the foundling, black maybe.

Nittany,

Thanks for the info. IMHO it's the black side mouldings that really set off the black top and make the package "come together".

My '91 vert is red/red/white top with red side mouldings. According to Barney only 11 were built and, also according to Barney, only 3 were built with the CD player and 16-way seat. Mine has them both.

I would LOVE to do the exhaust like yours but my wife is a stock PURIST and I would never win that battle. (a happy wife is a happy life :o)

Enjoy,

Bob