What would be your next color combo/year/body style choices in a Reatta?

NCReatta

This was mentioned by Andy in another thread, I thought it'd make a good topic to discuss. Andy just mentioned the exterior colors, but I thought I'd add (at least to my list) the interior color I would like best to go with it.

These are listed from favorite to least favorite:

White/tan ('91 Convertible)

Silver/Burgundy ('89 coupe)

Sapphire Blue/Tan (88/89 coupe - one of the very few that exist)

Select Sixty

Gunmetal Grey/Grey ('90 convertible)

Claret/Tan ('90 convertible)

Driftwood/Tan ('90 Convertible)

Maui Blue/Grey ('90 convertible)

Polo Green/tan ('91 coupe

Bright Red/Tan ('89 coupe)

Pewter Grey/grey ('88 coupe)

Just my thoughts. :)

Guest blue72beetle

My favorite to least favorite:

Maui Blue

Polo Green

Bright Red

Sapphire Blue

Black

Silver

White

Driftwood

Claret

Gunmetal Grey

Pewter Grey

Interior:

White :cool:

Grey

Burgundy

Flame Red (only with a black car :cool: )

Saddle

Blue

If I had the space and funding to own more Reattae at this point, my wish list would be:

1. 1990 Select 60 convertible (white over white/red) just for it's rarity.

2. Claret red over burgundy coupe, 88 or 89. Maybe with a sunroof.

3. Polo green over tan 91 coupe.

4. Silver over burgundy 88 or 89 coupe (Yeah Marck, that is a nice combo!)

5. Gunmetal grey over burgundy coupe, 88 or 89 coupe.

6. Silver over flame red 91 coupe (were any made in this combo?)

All that said, I would consider a claret red over tan coupe 88, 89 or 91. I find the saddle tan color a bit too dark, I prefer lighter neutrals (like "shale" color used in my 95 Deville). However, that would not necessarily be a deal breaker. I'd like at least a couple to have sunroofs, neither of the ones I own now do. Not that I really care for sunroofs all that much, but it would be something different.

It's funny, but I really dislike blue interiors; always have. Grey interiors aren't too bad in a claret red or sapphire blue car, but in a silver or gunmetal grey car it is just too much of the same color for my taste. I prefer the lighter grey of 90/91 over the dark grey of 88/89.

My least favorite colors are Red and Maui Blue (with apologies to anyone who loves 'em). Red cars are just too common (and not just with the Reatta I might add), and I have never cared for lighter blue paint on cars. Dark blue is fine, but I shy away from dark color cars since they show the wear and tear more, and are harder to keep looking decent from swirl marks and such. I'd make exceptions for polo green and claret red.

While it wasn't offered (officially anyway) I would like one in white diamond metallic, maybe with a custom light neutral interior. This doesn't really count though, since I'd have to roll my own.

One last thing, my list seems heavy on 88/89 cars. I confess that I really like the CRT setup. I like the IPC on the 90/91 cars a bit better, but if going with a late model, it has to be a 91 (exception made for the Select 60). I figure the 91 has the space ship instrumentation, plus all the improvements that weren't available in 1990 (non-Teves ABS, upgraded 3800/exhaust and minor improvements to the electronics). That makes a buying a 90 seem illogical, but that's just my way of thinking.

KDirk

5. Gunmetal grey over burgundy coupe, 88 or 89 coupe.

Sadly, Gunmetal grey was a '90/'91 color only, and unless it was custom ordered, Burgundy wasn't a dealer option. That would look sharp though. :D

6. Silver over flame red 91 coupe (were any made in this combo?)

I've heard of one. HessLakeGuy Said he had come across one a few weeks ago. The one with the vinyl roof or something I that I think.

Not sure what became of that.

Jim Finn and I have talked about the odd color combination that would be interesting to see.

These are in no order, just to get you thinking. Also some people just don't like certain colors. So my list is not a populaity contest, just a "would like to see and maybe own" color combination.

* Driftwood with red (burgundy interior)

* Driftwood with blue interior

* Polo Green with grey interior

* Maui or Sapphire Blue with tan

* Black with blue interior

As mentioned above, silver and grey are seldon seen with red or blue interior but they did make some. Silver or grey would also probably work with tan interior

I have always liked deep green with a saddle interior & special ordered several cars that way.

Most of my cars these days are white but the white used by Buick has too much yellow (cream) in it for my taste, I prefer the purer/harder "arctic" or "polar" white Pontiac used.

Other than that I really like my triple blue 88 coupe. So really already have the colors I like.

Do think I've decided to drop the Allante idea though found a very nice early 90 Pearl white with light tan interior. OTOH the Reattae seem to be multiplying and spares are easier.

Silver, silver moldings, garnet red interior, and burgundy cloth top. Had I ordered one back in the day, it probably would have been sans pinstripes. However since I am older now, sending my order back in time, it would probably have garnet red pinstripes to match the interior.

OTOH, I really like my arctic white with garnet red interior. It has a white vinyl top. But in the unlikely event that I ever redo it, it will get a burgundy cloth top.

My 944 is silver (technically, zermatt silbur metallic) with a black interior. If the Reatta had made it to '92, they could have probably done something similar - since the Riv offered a graphite interior in '92-'93. The graphite is almost black with just a hint of very dark blue. (I have a graphite center console lid w/cupholder to play with. Was interesting that the next time I went to the PNP, most of the rest of the graphite interior had been removed.) Black interior is probably too hot for a convertible though, so maybe for a coupe.

Edited by wws944 (see edit history)

...Most of my cars these days are white but the white used by Buick has too much yellow (cream) in it for my taste, I prefer the purer/harder "arctic" or "polar" white Pontiac used...

The Reatta white is arctic white. Maybe yours has faded a bit?

But if you look at the Monroney window sticker from the factory, it clearly says 'arctic white' on it.

I know, but my dad has an '05 Mazda tribute in white. When it's parked next to my convertible, it's a very distinct difference.

Perhaps Pontiac's "Arctic White" is different from Buick's..

I don't have a window sticker for the 90 but the SPI says "BSE/CLR COAT WA-L8554 U8554 11T 40U". Code 40/WA8554 for Buick in 1990 is "white" but there are three others in the GM lineup that year, code 10/WA9567 (which in later Corvettes is "Arctic White" and Pontiac "Bright White"), code 11/WA3967, and code 55/WA9069. See here.

When I had the 'vert resprayed it was code 10 white because code 40 had too much yellow in it for my taste.

Marck,

I think I misspoke. I thought Gunmetal Grey was the dark charcoal color from 88/89. Appears I am mistaken. Either way, I would like a car in the darker metallic grey with a burgundy (or even flame red) interior if the right opportunity presented itself.

FWIW, GM used the same color with multiple names more than once. Code 40 (Reatta White) had a marketing name of "Arctic White" as wws944 pointed out. And yet, my 95 Deville is code 40, white, and is the very same shade. It was called Cotillion White by Cadillac, just to sound fancy I guess.

In any case, Arctic White is not a correct name IMO for the code 40 white used on the Reatta. As Padgett pointed out, it is a cream white, just off white enough that it is obvious next to a pure white car. One of my neighbors has a 2000 Regal, it is a pure white and the difference to my Reattas and Deville is quite noticeable if side by side.

Having said that, I like the off-white. It stays cleaner looking with a bit less effort than a pure white car would, as it hides the dust and pollen a bit better. And, it is hard enough to look at in direct sunlight without being brighter still!

KDirk

Always favored white/tan in a Reatta but happy with my silver/gray. But....it would be difficult to pass up a beige exterior/tan interior with polished chrome wheels. I just might spend as much as $18K for such a car! :rolleyes::eek:;):D

I don't have a window sticker for the 90 but the SPI says "BSE/CLR COAT WA-L8554 U8554 11T 40U". Code 40/WA8554 for Buick in 1990 is "white" but there are three others in the GM lineup that year, code 10/WA9567 (which in later Corvettes is "Arctic White" and Pontiac "Bright White"), code 11/WA3967, and code 55/WA9069. See here.

When I had the 'vert resprayed it was code 10 white because code 40 had too much yellow in it for my taste.

Sigh.

I bought some touch up paint at the FLAPS the other day. It says on the bottle "artic white" (no 'c' between the 'r' and 't') and has a 10 on the next line. Now I get to go find code 40 arctic white...

BTW, the blue Reatta with the tan interior in Marcks photo kinda works... Guess I'd have to see it in person. Would definitely like to see a blue one with a '92-'93 Riv graphite interior though.

Marck,

I think I misspoke. I thought Gunmetal Grey was the dark charcoal color from 88/89. Appears I am mistaken. Either way, I would like a car in the darker metallic grey with a burgundy (or even flame red) interior if the right opportunity presented itself.

No, that color was technically called "pewter" I believe. It's darker than the gunmetal, and the gunmetal has a hint of blue to it. :)

As mentioned above, silver and grey are seldon seen with red or blue interior but they did make some. Silver or grey would also probably work with tan interior

Barney, my '89 is Silver w/matching trim & Blue interior. Any production figures for this combination?........ Jim

Well, to be totally honest, I'm super happy with the '91 convertible I already own, which is bright red exterior (with red mouldings), flame red interior, white vinyl top.

The only other combination that grabs my eye is the 1990 Select 60 in white, red/white, white.

Yep, I truly LOVE red and white cars!

Bob

Marck, there was a Sapphire Blue coupe at the Colorado Spring meet with tan interior, can't remember if it was a '88 or '89.

I have the 1988 database from GM done but have not had time to sort for "odd" color combination. I will have a thumb drive with me at Danvers and maybe one of the things we could do is plug it in and look for the unusual combination.

I have the 1988 database from GM done but have not had time to sort for "odd" color combination. I will have a thumb drive with me at Danvers and maybe one of the things we could do is plug it in and look for the unusual combination.

If you guys on't get around to it at Danvers, I'd be glad to go through it all, but I wont be at Danvers.. Is the file too large to email?

I'm not too terribly fussy, but like the unusual, so red cars aren't really for me as they seem too plentiful. Beyond that, should there be another Reatta in my future, I think I would simply want it in better shape than the one I have now...unobtainium parts are not fun when you just keep sinking more money into the car.

I guess the one thing is that neither She Who Must Be Obeyed nor I care for tan / saddle interiors. Actually, one thing I like about the Reatta is that they had a lot more variety than we see now (gray or tan).

Guest Recian

I have to say my fav is the select60. White and red just look good together. It would look better in merlot burgandy with a white top. In actuallity and affordability i love the silver/burgandy 89s with sunroof. that would be my fav. Mine is gona be a non factory color once im done. It's grey/grey now. The interior is grey/black now that i've dyed the carpets. I want to add some burgandy accents like maybe seats (16 way) and center console lid. Im partial to the burgandy interior. When I get the car painted i'm going to paint it 2011 370z 40th anniversary grey. It's almost the same grey that's on my reatta just a bit darker with a pearl clear coat. So the engine bay and door jams wont look out of place as far as color mis match and it'll stand out for it's color and what it is.