Sadly, Bukie is wrecked

Rosiesdad

Got rear ended by a lady who hit the gas rather than the brakes. My 50 Buick Convert is destroyed on bothends.

What are the chances of finding a hood and trunk lid to try and save this old Super? I am truly disgusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil

Remember with a torch set at low flame and a couple of good fender hammers you can bring that thick gauge metal back into shape unlike the tissue paper pressed to shape metal fenders of today's cars.

It does not look bad at all really to me. How bad was her car and what was she driving?

Agreed that a good body shop can repair all the damage.....

It's amazing what a good bumper/chrome shop can do with damaged bumpers.

Yours are not that bad. THis is where I'd focus settlement dollars.

Your body shop can pull the rear frame back into shape and pull the sheet metal

back where it's supposed to be.

The hood has some tricky damage, but is repairable. The alternative is source

a replacement; a cost trade off exercise.

Seriously, the old girl has plenty of life left and will look as good as new!

mike

Hmmmm...May be a good time to drop a 455 with a turbo 400 and an open rear end in there.....:rolleyes: ...Just kidding... :D If you want to sell it cheap I'm sure there would be Internet gridlock trying to get to you first...

Good luck

John,

I was thinking that! But, you actually said it....!

I always wanted to put a 455 - TH400 set up in an older Buick.....

Bulletproof suspension, brakes, etc. Kinda like Jay's 55 ........

Looks old, but is a stealth monster! There..the dirty little secret is out!

mike

LOL Mike... I said it but I would never do it. The most I would do is try to set up dual exhaust on the straight eight and maybe try to install a 4 bbl.

But that's such a nice car the way it is I think we should all get a chance to slap that witch, with a capital B, for wrecking Bukie.

I hate to put this out there, it may make me seem like a bad person, but if it saves a Buick I am good with it. Got rear ended by some kid who was late for a test, I stopped, he didn't. Bent the bumper of my Explorer and some other damage. Went back and forth with insurance companies, mine and his. Finally I told my insurance company, I do not want "quality" parts I want what got destroyed fixed. They said they could not do that... I informed them that my neck and back were beginning to bother me. My car got fixed.

Its a shame we live in a world like this and I felt bad about this but I got results. Hope you do too.

I just saw a part car for sale - a 50 Super 4-dr sedan, the one with the shorter wheelbase. Body looks straight. Anaheim, California, and the shop is anxious to have it gone...

Call JT Barker at 909-991-5864

Sorry for your heart-ache, and hope this helps...