Oil on Driveway

MarkV

Guest Jim_Edwards

I'd try pressure washing with a very strong detergent before I jumped to anything that could severely etch the driveway surface. But unless its a "caked" accumulation I'd try good old clay absorbent on it. Leave it for a few days and give it a chance to suck the oil up.

Jim

Edited by Jim_Edwards (see edit history)

We have a red brick driveway and many of my friends cars are leakers.

I keep a spray bottle of the "Purple Stuff", or "Super Clean" or degreaser

nearby and when I notice the drops I give them a shot, then I hit it with the garden hose spray nozzle on full blast. It seems to keep the bricks nice.

post-32318-143138546933_thumb.jpg

We have a red brick driveway and many of my friends cars are leakers.

I keep a spray bottle of the "Purple Stuff", or "Super Clean" or degreaser

nearby and when I notice the drops I give them a shot, then I hit it with the garden hose spray nozzle on full blast. It seems to keep the bricks nice.

I use the same stuff/method on concrete and it works for me.

Guest Foggy norm

I'll go with Paul Dobbin...super clean or purple stuff, let it work a minute. Bonus with this stuff...spray your work clothes before putting them in the washing machine.

Guest Kingoftheroad

I'll be using a little gumout on my garage floor in the morning to clean up a couple of oil spots.

Another good one is DAWN Ultra (Dish washing soap) It's cheap, cuts grease & oil and you probably can find it in your wife's kitchen. I keep a bottle at my shop sink for my hands. Brake Kleen does welll too.

Guest Kingoftheroad

Yesterday it took me 5 minutes or so to remove new & old oil, grease, etc. spots off my garage floor with Gumout. Plus, Gumout also removed some of the paint that was on the cement too, another plus for us guys that paint in our garage..