JEWELL NIGHT RECEIVES AWARD (LAST POST ON 2010)

RICK YOUNG

A bit of redundancy I recognize, but can't ressist.

Last night, at a awards ceremony in Des Moines, Janet and I accepted a award on behalf of the people of Jewell and Buick Club of America members for;

"BEST SPECIAL EVENT FESTIVAL" for the entire State of Iowa in 2010.

Along with a handshake from the Governor.

Other nominations were;

Dubuque Population 92,000

Cedar Rapids Population 126,000

Wow! Congratulations to Rick and his Jewell crew.That was a wonderful event. And we were to late to get the apple pie and ice cream. Our fault for delaying.

This will be a challenge for Minuteman to match with the lobster/clambake, no??? I do not know if Massachusetts gives such an award.

John

A bit of redundancy I recognize, but can't ressist.

Last night, at a awards ceremony in Des Moines, Janet and I accepted a award on behalf of the people of Jewell and Buick Club of America members for;

"BEST SPECIAL EVENT FESTIVAL" for the entire State of Iowa in 2010.

Along with a handshake from the Governor.

Other nominations were;

Dubuque Population 92,000

Cedar Rapids Population 126,000

yep is was one of a kind,,,,I am hungry lets do it again

Guest Fred_S

apple pie and ice cream mmm... Jewell and the Iowa BCA deseve an encore - Lamar, you gonna come up and join me?

When I first started plannng the event in Ames, I knew I wanted a corn boil. I grew up in the midwest, on a farm and I remember our church putting them on.

Jewell exceeded my wildest expectations with their event.

Rick and his town did and outstanding job of turning my idea into reality and they deserve this award.

For those of you who did not go, you missed a hell of an event and one future events will be measured against. Participants had fun, Buicks were driven to Jewell and the people of Jewell had fun.. what more can you ask for ?

They even had Rhubarb pie...

Edited by Rawja
corrected "tense" (see edit history)

Guest wildcat465

Congrats!

Well deserved, the other "towns" never had a chance. By far, the most fun I had last summer. Although, I am kind of a boring guy.

Great food, many wonderful people, awesome entertainment. No doubt this event blew the others away.