Parts supplier kudos

buick5563

I have had a rash of great customer service experiences. It is such a pleasure to deal with people who seem to want to help, are friendly, AND provide a good service to those of us in the hobby. Kudos go to Bob's Automobilia, Martin Johnson exhaust systems, and Hagen Automotive for resleeving and rebuilding a pair of master cylinders for the cars I am currently working on.

I will hoist a tall one to these (and the many other) fine folks who provide us good products that keep our old iron on the road!

I have had a rash of great customer service experiences. It is such a pleasure to deal with people who seem to want to help, are friendly, AND provide a good service to those of us in the hobby. Kudos go to Bob's Automobilia, Martin Johnson exhaust systems, and Hagen Automotive for resleeving and rebuilding a pair of master cylinders for the cars I am currently working on.

I will hoist a tall one to these (and the many other) fine folks who provide us good products that keep our old iron on the road!

Mike,

Great to hear that people are having good experiences with vendors in the U.S. We are very "short" on people who really understand the "Customer Service" aspect of service oriented businesses. Thanks for the heads up on these fine companies so the rest of us can hopefully avoid a problem.

Matt

Guest wildcat465

Mike I haven't used any of those guys as of yet, but I am hoisting one right now just because you are.

Guest BigDogDaddy

I bought from Bob's Automobilia a few times, and have spoken to him on the phone, and a friend of mine has as well. We also thought he was great !

I've been restoring cars for a fair while, mostly Buicks.

I discoverd Bob's Automobilia back in about 1995 long before ebay or even the internet had taken a hold down here. I remember I could fax off an order on Monday morning ( Sunday night for you folk ), Bob would have it when he opened for business on Monday morning and frequently I would receive the order by the following week, not bad for being on the other side of the world!!!

I went to Hershey in 1997 and placed a big order which I collected from Bob at the swap meet ( think I even got a discount ). Also got to meet him and his wife in person - great people.

To this day I still deal with Bob - about the easiest person in the world to deal with, great service, great parts and we all make him our friend down here.

Been trying to talk him into coming down for the Aussie Nationals but no success so far. Maybe a few of you blokes could hold his hand and drop down to Tassie ( Tasmania ) in May 2012 and join us for our bi-annual National Meet and Rally. There will be plenty of spare seats in Buicks for the big drive.

• 1 month later...

I've got another one. Simply because of this:

Return Policy

We accept returns if you are unsatisfied for any reason with your RTRW purchase. We charge no re-stocking fees, and have no time limits for returns. Parts for return must be in re-sellable condition. Parts do not have to be in original packaging. Cut or modified parts cannot be returned. We recommend test fitting all parts on a clean vehicle surface prior to installing. Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer unless we make a mistake on the order. T-shirts and other clothing related items can only be returned if they are in the original sealed package. To request a refund please give us a call

Automotive Rubber: Rubber Parts, Restoration Parts supplies hood insulation pads to other resellers who don't have as liberal a return policy.

Can't think of great parts suppliers without this guy coming to mind. Mr Ken Reeve of Wheatbelt Buick.

+1.

I spoke with Ken for fifteen minutes yesterday, just shooting the breeze.

He told me that they no longer have a website, FYI. Calls only. Sue can't be happy about that.

Been buying from TP Tools for years and getting great service, great quality, mostly American made tools, unbelievably fast shipping and very fair pricing. They specialize in sandblasting and paint equipment and supplies. If any of you have an el cheapo China made blasting cabinet, well TP Tools is who the Chinese copied their design from. Only thing is the China cabinet comes with el cheapo guns, hoses and fittings. TP Tools has an upgrade kit that is much better quality.

Imagine my surprise when after communicating with Fred Zwicker on here for several months about his 54 Buick Special that he is doing a frame off restore on, I learned that he is the owner of TP Tools. Now I really like TP Tools :D and would like to offer my kudos for their great service and products. Fred is a real down to earth car guy who does much of the work himself on his cars.

Check their catalog out. Some great sandblasting, paint prep and paint supplies. TP Tools & Equipment

I'm saving up to buy one of their HVLP Turbine Paint units for use on Texas Pete in a couple of years. Can't wait.:)

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Guest Dans 77 Limited
Can't think of great parts suppliers without this guy coming to mind. Mr Ken Reeve of Wheatbelt Buick.

I couldnt agree more , Ken is a class act and one of the first people I turn to when I need Buick parts. Sorry to hear about no more website , but it does give you the chance to speak to Ken

Dan

+1.

I spoke with Ken for fifteen minutes yesterday, just shooting the breeze.

He told me that they no longer have a website, FYI. Calls only. Sue can't be happy about that.

Actually, I just checked and noticed that after seeing the post asking about a gas tank for a baby Special...now I'll actually have to locate an ad and deal with the phone. Sigh. I did like the convenience of being able to just send a note asking if they have part X for car Y.

Another is Rhode Island Wiring! Great product. I ordered a engine harness from them for my 57 Special, and realized I was going to be out of town on vacation when they promised delivery, so they moved the fabrication of it up to get it to me before I left.

Family owned and easy to deal with. Great return policy, and they provide a wiring harness diagram for the installation of the harness as well, to augment the spaghetti one in the chassis manual! They also have plenty of correct wire and connectors for making your own.

Rhode Island Wiring Service Inc.