New member here! Hello from SW WA

mt65riv

Just joined ROA and they had this listed as a forum of Buick owners so I thought I would join. Not sure if this is where to introduce myself, but here goes.

I got my first Riviera, a '65, in 1979. It was white with a blue interior, had full power/AC/ etc. for only $500!

I recently purchased another '65 and am working on getting it on the road.

Looking forward to getting involved with Rivieras again.

Mike

Welcome, Mike.

You have done the three best things you could possibly do:

1. You have a 1965 Riviera:D

2. You joined the ROA

3. You joined the Riviera Forum

There are extremely knowledgeable and helpful people who participate on this forum. All you need do is post you questions and wait for the answers to appear.

Mike,

Welcome to ROA and the Forum.

I bought my first 67 Riv in 1978 for $275 and have been hooked ever since.

I was quite the odd ball being a teenager and driving a Riv. Not much has changed in 33 years!:D

Even today, when people find out I am restoring a car they will excitedly ask me what kind of car it is. When I say a 66 Riv they are like.....Oh thats nice and the conversation comes to an abrupt end. I know they are waiting for me to say Mustang, Camaro, Chevelle, Impala, 55 Chevy or any other mainstream classic model which is what most people can relate to.

Good Luck with your project.

Keep in mind less than 5% of ROA members frequent this forum(my own estimate). A lot of info can be obtained here but sometimes there is no substitute to contacting one the ROA technical advisors directly if you need specific assistance.

Welcome, Mike.

You have done the three best things you could possibly do:

2. You joined the ROA

3. You joined the Riviera Forum

There are extremely knowledgeable and helpful people who participate on this forum. All you need do is post you questions and wait for the answers to appear.

Ditto Jim's thoughts.

I would also tell you to contact your ROA Regional Coordinator in WA - John Andreassen. He's a great guy and someone that can help you network with other Riv owners in your area. Here's a link to his contact info...

Welcome to the Riviera Owners Association Homepage

Welcome!

Mike, Welcome to the ROA and this forum. I agree with all above that you made a good choice re: car purchase and joining the ROA. As Al said, you should contact your regional coordinator John Andreassen and also get to know your region members....wealth of knowledge there.

Also, you should know that each year an ROA National Meet is held in one of three sections of the US...East, Mid-Country, West. This year its Mid-Country, Branson, Missouri, but next year it will be a YTBD location West...your part of the country.

All I can add is that everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. ;) There are a lot of us with 63's and '64's who think just as much of them. Plus all the guys with 66's through 99's.

We're one big happy family. Welcome to it.

Bought my Riviera ('66) in 1973 for $650. Great car, didn't realize what I had until quite a few years after it was gone. I sold it because I thought the rear end was going out. After many years of reading, I figured out that it just needed some posi additive in the rear end. :mad:

Ed

Here's a picture. I already started by removing some of the rusted out floor. I have new ones coming from Cars, Inc. I have 2 more parts cars that I am going to pirate the deluxe doors and glass from. I got a new windshield and power steering box, too.

It looks like it used to belong to an ROA member...

Needs most stuff redone. I'll work on it in my spare time. After I finish the 73 Benz for my cousin, the '59 T-bird in the back (Blackbird) and my '55 gasser... :D

I did sell off a few projects to afford to do the one I really wanted - this one.

Later,

Mike

post-74569-143138496543_thumb.jpg

post-74569-14313849655_thumb.jpg

post-74569-143138496555_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob J
Mike,

Welcome to ROA and the Forum.

I bought my first 67 Riv in 1978 for $275 and have been hooked ever since.

I was quite the odd ball being a teenager and driving a Riv. Not much has changed in 33 years!:D

Even today, when people find out I am restoring a car they will excitedly ask me what kind of car it is. When I say a 66 Riv they are like.....Oh thats nice and the conversation comes to an abrupt end. I know they are waiting for me to say Mustang, Camaro, Chevelle, Impala, 55 Chevy or any other mainstream classic model which is what most people can relate to.

Good Luck with your project.

Keep in mind less than 5% of ROA members frequent this forum(my own estimate). A lot of info can be obtained here but sometimes there is no substitute to contacting one the ROA technical advisors directly if you need specific assistance.

Exactly, which is the main reason I'm restoring a 65 Riv GS. Got tired of pulling in to a car show, and 15 others guys with the same car.

jonly, thanks. They were chrome but in OK shape, so I hit them with some candy red.

Deanoko, yeah, I go about 3 or 4 times. I work usually until after 5pm then have to get back to Ridgefield, then down to there.

I just spent the whole day at PIR and EXPO at the Portland Swap Meet. There was a lot of stuff there, but not for Rivis. I only saw the one red GS. Someone said that there were 2 others! 3 GS's at one swap meet? Are they all real?... hmmmmm.

The only thing I picked up is a manual trans pedal assembly for my '55 Chevy.

If anyone wants a WIP '65 GS with tons of NOS parts, I know the guy with the red GS. He wants $7k.

Later,

Mike

jonly, thanks. They were chrome but in OK shape, so I hit them with some candy red.

Deanoko, yeah, I go about 3 or 4 times. I work usually until after 5pm then have to get back to Ridgefield, then down to there.

I just spent the whole day at PIR and EXPO at the Portland Swap Meet. There was a lot of stuff there, but not for Rivis. I only saw the one red GS. Someone said that there were 2 others! 3 GS's at one swap meet? Are they all real?... hmmmmm.

The only thing I picked up is a manual trans pedal assembly for my '55 Chevy.

If anyone wants a WIP '65 GS with tons of NOS parts, I know the guy with the red GS. He wants $7k.

Later,

Mike

One of the other one might have been Marsh's project? I know he had listed it with the Buick Club for sale and I think I also saw it on eBay or CL recently.